Quantcast

an update to my sovereign

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
So for the sovereigns 1 year birthday, I decided to give it a little update. Here's what I added:
Atomlab TrailpimpDHR wheelset 20/12
NYC freeride 12mm to 10mm adapter
Demolition Team Pedals
Shadow Conspriacy Crowgora 28t chainwheel
Odyssey Linear cable
*front tire is temporary*

clearance is pretty tight with the stays @ 15.5"

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
Bicyclist said:
Looks damn nice! I would lower the stem if it were me though.
Why?

Do you realize I have a very very short fork, and also that the SIC stem have a stupidly short stack height? There is only 2 spacers under the stem.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Bicyclist said:
Ummm, yours is more useless. I was trying to give a setup suggestion, where as you are just being an ass.
well setups are a personal pref thing. its like saying 'i would use shorter pedal pins if it were me though' doesnt make a dif, its not your bike

erastusboy

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
I have a quick question. Didnt catch your original post so sorry if its already been answered but what is your set up for your micro drive. Im running I think a 30 tooth sprocket but cant get any lower than a 14t in the back because the teeth dont stick up above the spacers on the hub (using gussets kit).

Do you just have a really easy ratio or am I using the wrong parts on my set up.

PS effing sweet bike

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
drivetrain i'm using a 28-12 and for spacers i'm using the rennen design spacers (i don't reccomend this if using a 1/8"chain, i'm actually using a combo of the rennen inner spacer and a spacers that came with my cog and a cassette lock ring) This gearing is a little harder than i'd like because of the differance in the 24" and 26" wheels. As for the fork I bought it from Nemesis Project, they sell them lowered and tuned for $450 for more email brad @ evil4bc at mac dot com.