Quantcast

'ancient peaks' 2013?

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
forgive me, as i searched the hell outta google and couldnt find any info other than the link below(and before you ask ancientpeaksclassic.com does not work)

http://www.downhillnews.com/news/2012/5/26/2012-ancient-peaks-race-1-61-2.html

anyone got any info on this? i couldnt find a site.. they doing it again in 2013? sorry for the n00b-ness, finishing the big bike, noticed the date for last years event is coming up, and i want to start hitting up events. :D

thx
b

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news my man. The track the Nate Lewis spent almost 2 years making may never again see another MTB on it. A bunch of factors contributed to this including turnout, legal worries, and others. Many of us locals are wanting to get it back on track and think the best way is to make it a USAC Pro GRT or USGP type race where the promoter carries a lot of the duties etc.

Sucks because the trail was hard and had good jumps and berms throughout it....

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
DAMN! i was looking at pix of the course and i thought it looked awesome. even better that its only about 4 hours away from me.. sad to hear the bad news.

gotta keep lookin out for races in CA!
thx ian
B

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
well rub it in wont ya?!

hopefully one day the race will come back to life.. i thought it was a super neat idea that the ranch owners wanted to do something else with the land. really hoping that one day i get to travel down there and ride. the pictures i saw of the ranch were awesome!