Quantcast

Ancient Wealth

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Almost EVERY culture has a history of racism, bigotry, slavery, and such.
Period.
Get over it.
In fact, I challenge you to name one that didn’t (or doesn’t) in some way.
The Smurfs?
They probably HATED the red people.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Ooh, I found one! Australian nomadic aboriginal societies generally didn’t enslave each other.
The harsh Australian environment probably played a roll in that.

I read the article and I have said before, life hasn’t changed that much over the last few thousand years. Rich people still enslave people, and people are generally happy about it. Even being homeless isn’t a new concept.

Covid wasn’t the resetting we needed to bring labor markets up and housing down. Seems in the short term anyways it’s done the opposite.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Almost EVERY culture has a history of racism, bigotry, slavery, and such.
Period.
Get over it.
In fact, I challenge you to name one that didn’t (or doesn’t) in some way.
The Smurfs?
They probably HATED the purple people.
Ga-nap.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Covid wasn’t the resetting we needed to bring labor markets up and housing down. Seems in the short term anyways it’s done the opposite.
Amazon, starbucks, john deere and several others now how have unions out of the 'we're tired of you bitches treating us like this' phase that came out of covid.

It's kind of astounding what was really in place (not the racism) from the 1950s to the late 70s in terms of shit we should have never gotten rid of. It wasn't that long ago. All the dumb boomer memes of 'back in my day, we worked hard, bought a house, provided blah blah' rested firmly on the back of a strong labor movement, and govt programs that actually did good shit to help that process along.

I've always pictured australians of any generation slaves to the animals that will kill you on site very easily. Explains the boisterous YOLO mentality of the males at least...

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So, whatchya doing about it, exactly?
chucking bags of dog shit onto the front porches of empty castles at the moment...

In my little world I'm suing the department of agriculture over some of the great white gentrification of the outdoors and public lands. I threw everything I had at making a life here and I'm not going to let some small handful of rich fucks ruin it just because the 2-3 times they set foot somewhere they may see someone different than themselves. That's turned out to be a lot of work. They can go somewhere else. I live here. The group causing this would not exist without patagonia grants. They're not saving conserving or preserving anything. They're bitching about the dirty locals.

One thing I'm definitely NOT doing is excusing this behavior just because they might be on the PTA.

Last edited:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Amazon, starbucks, john deere and several others now how have unions out of the 'we're tired of you bitches treating us like this' phase that came out of covid.

It's kind of astounding what was really in place (not the racism) from the 1950s to the late 70s in terms of shit we should have never gotten rid of. It wasn't that long ago. All the dumb boomer memes of 'back in my day, we worked hard, bought a house, provided blah blah' rested firmly on the back of a strong labor movement, and govt programs that actually did good shit to help that process along.

I've always pictured australians of any generation slaves to the animals that will kill you on site very easily. Explains the boisterous YOLO mentality of the males at least...
I believe we were talking pre colonization. The aboriginals only started using bows and arrows, making didgeridoos and basic farming of trapping eels in the last 500 years. Even though they must have had contact with Papuan New Guinea as on a clear day you can see it apparently. From what I read the only structures ever built were piles of shells on the beach, no writing or central religion with multiple languages across the continent. Then the English came and you know what happened next.

I’ve driven out to Alice springs and ularoo in the center. It was interesting to say the least.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
While the conflict at Homestead was playing out, Carnegie was vacationing at a remote castle in Scotland, where he spent much of each year. Though workers and members of the press tried to reach him, he remained inaccessible but stayed in communication with Frick, whose actions he endorsed.

While the conflict at Homestead was playing out, Carnegie was vacationing at a remote castle in Scotland, where he spent much of each year. Though workers and members of the press tried to reach him, he remained inaccessible but stayed in communication with Frick, whose actions he endorsed.

And this was but one of many similar crimes against labor.