Quantcast

ancillotti frame bearing removal

dublindh

Chimp
Jun 22, 2008
any ideas. have the bike all stripped down and new bearings bought just have to get the old ones out..

cheers

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
any ideas. have the bike all stripped down and new bearings bought just have to get the old ones out..

cheers

All joking aside if you can get an edge of the race with the screwdriver you can lightly (and I mean lightly) tap the screwdiver and move around multiple areas of the race from side to side to get it to inch its way out.

Last edited:

gr1

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
could always contact Bill Heason (uk ancillotti importer) for some advice:
+44 (0) 77529 14077

he's a great guy - though sometimes hard to get hold off

dublindh

Chimp
Jun 22, 2008
could always contact Bill Heason (uk ancillotti importer) for some advice:
+44 (0) 77529 14077

he's a great guy - though sometimes hard to get hold off
ye will do cheers

joe kranked might want to get himself checked out

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
There are no Ancilloti frames over here, so no one is going to be familiar with your particular issue or bearing/frame implementation.

A pic might help, but in general, a puller can be made simply out of a bolt/nut/washers/sockets. I posted a crappy drawing of the general idea in the Sunday thread above.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Two different sized sockets (one the size of the bearing and the other larger than the bearing, and a vise does it well. I just did my stumpy this weekend and it worked like cake.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
given your name i presume your in ireland.If you are send me a pm. The shop where i work has all the nesecary bearing removal equipment and will have it done in no time. It will save you alot of hassle and the posibility of damaging your frame. It can be a case of tapping them out with a hammer and using a socket set and extension bar to pop out the various sized bearings. However a propper bearing pullers makes light work of this.