Quantcast

And from the way back machine....

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Those were actually the rankings from Feb of 98, so they included the entire 97 season.

Anybody notice who is the caboose? :rofl:
I bring back a nice memory like that and that's the thanks I get. I was going to say there were many more pages BUT there weren't.

Anyone know the Eric Buck guy? I think I use to ride XC with him!
Yep. Eric used to race both XC and DH and was stupid fast at both. He was from Charlotte, moved to Chattanooga, and then went to work for Litespeed. Not sure where he is now.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
WTF...I didn't race DH in 98!?
that was the year you, Daryl & Daryl , the Mullet Men, all showed up doing wheelies at Tallulah? Good times.

Has anyone ever been able to evidence who's tire tracks those were in the grass at Beech Mountain??? That was the roots of the Southeast DH...who could find the gap in the tape last...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
You still talk to Sweet Rob?
Did he ever take off his Palmer jersey?
I thought that thing was a tattoo.:biggrin:
I ride with him pretty much every Tuesday night. He as changed exactly ZERO.

Haven't seen the palmer jersey in forever.... though he was out on the booty loop in a green and red specialized jersey that he had cut the zipper completely out of, a black helmet, a white pair of adidas shorts and red adidas shoes on his white and world champion colored M4. I almost wrecked into a UPS truck when I saw him. It was truly a sight to behold.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Anyone know the Eric Buck guy? I think I use to ride XC with him!
Yep. Eric used to race both XC and DH and was stupid fast at both. He was from Charlotte, moved to Chattanooga, and then went to work for Litespeed. Not sure where he is now.
I used to ride with and travel to races quit a bit with Eric. We used to go down to Uwharrie to train a lot. I had mentioned to Eric that someone had passed a guy on a dirt bike on a down hill and sure enough we came across one a Eric ripped past the guy like he was going backwards up the hill.

That year that Beech had the race in conjunction with the Tour Dupont was supposed to be my first DH event, but I missed registration that morning.

The last time I saw him was at the Asheville street comp in '01 or '02. He was on a Tomac and trying to hit the box jumps and wound up in the ER.

Konabumm and DRB- we have probably ridden together.