Quantcast

And Here. We. Go. - the Lourdes 2015 thread...

Feb 13, 2015
CT
Did you see how he rounded it off and went to the tape right there? Wow.

It was a bummer not to see his run at first, but they aired most of not all of it as a replay, so I'm sure it'll pop up.
That last corner was amazing! He hit it 2x as fast as everyone else i saw

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Neko Mulally punctured his Pro Core system? Is there rim strips that also have the same color Blue maybe??
pretty sure it was pro core, Claudio got kind of quiet after noticing it and I think the team is running it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
***yaaawwnnn***

Just woke up.

Wha happeh?

Who wants waffles?

Procore. Sweet.
What I found ironic is that a little while earlier, Claudio was explaining that some teams were using a system that keeps a tire on its rim even when flat. I actually felt bad for him when that happened.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
What I found ironic is that a little while earlier, Claudio was explaining that some teams were using a system that keeps a tire on its rim even when flat. I actually felt bad for him when that happened.
I felt bad for Claudio as well...
And to be fair, I think there's a big difference between "running flat" and destroying a rim to where the tire won't seat. Nothing is gonna keep you rolling when you hulk smash like this:
image.jpg

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
And to be fair, I think there's a big difference between "running flat" and destroying a rim to where the tire won't seat. Nothing is gonna keep you rolling when you hulk smash like this:
View attachment 119505

I agree with you.......but I don't know whether he killed the wheel first or just got a flat. I know which usually comes first. The cameras weren't there though. He was pretty much rolling a tire off when he came in frame.

Last edited:

4130biker

May 24, 2007
Which came first? It looked like he just had a flat at first to me. I agree with you.......but I don't know whether he killed the wheel first or just got a flat.
That is a good point- it's definitely hard to say because it took a beating after the tire was off. Guess we may never know ;)

Also, did these idiots not realize that Bruni didn't win, or did they just want their own little spotlight?
image.jpg

Finally, who is this dude (left) that hi-fives Gwin after the win? EC sighting?
image.jpg

4130biker

May 24, 2007
On another random note, I'm excited to see how the Scott team does this year- I have the feeling it's gonna be good.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
well just saved some cash, what will I buy instead of the procore?..... (before my wife gona buy some new shoes...)

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
Buy gwin's rims then set up with procore,
and don't let your brother build it for you.

I should be ready for the 2nd coming of jesus!

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yes... gutted when i saw nekos wheel start to disintegrate

wut the hell?!
this. I almost pooped myself when I saw that... what the hell happened?! made the turn, went to take a big crank, chain popped, weight goes forward, hits a rock and pole vaults off the bike??? chain went into front wheel??? wth?!?!

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
this. I almost pooped myself when I saw that... what the hell happened?! made the turn, went to take a big crank, chain popped, weight goes forward, hits a rock and pole vaults off the bike??? chain went into front wheel??? wth?!?!
Exact same thing happened to me during a race once, came out of a corner and put everything i had into the first pedal stroke and snapped my chain. You create a ton of tension when you put all the energy you have in your legs on the pedals while pulling up on the bars at the same time. The trail was pretty much flat though, so i only managed one full flip instead of a triple toe loop death spiral to faceplant.

Last edited:

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Yep. if ever your chain snaps while putting in a full power pedal stroke = instant catapult.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Dayum, I'm beginning to think all the training these guys and gals do isn't so much about race day performance, but being able to survive crashes which make Chinese traffic camera wrecks seem pedestrian. How is Williamson not a quivering pink jellyfish right now? They should put a spray painted ghost bike where that happened...And Hannah womaning the F up after her shoulder separation OTB and still finishing 5th - with a blistering 3rd split...Very cool of Ragot to tape Hannah up after the race btw...

Gee hanging on with a broken wrist to finish in the 40's...on *that* course no less. Freakin Minnaar was 22nd with a recently reattached thumb tendon (and apparently taping himself to the bike)? :o

The Rat giving'er with still semi-janked up ankle...no lady lines for that nut ball.

And Gwin...the average Tomasis post makes more sense than what he pulled off after getting donkey rocked in qualies and seemingly in practice as well. And I know I'm missing a ton of other guys that are somehow still alive and shockingly ambulatory after some wretched ground tackles. Hell, I was looking for EMS techs with small coolers trailside so they can harvest any undamaged organs from the carnage.

I honestly don't know if I saw any wrecks this weekend which would not have elicited my emergency post wreck action plan: cyanide vitamin pill ingestion chased down with an airplane bottle of Jack (unfortunately, this assumes both my hands aren't broken, otherwise I will need someone to help me).

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Fact: if you aint first you're last.

Fact: a rux did not get first.

Fact: the rux was squeaked by in last place.