Quantcast

And I’m back…

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
New role at work has me traveling more than most airlibne pilots (seriously… 5 to 6 days a week and sometime 3 states in a day!)

So I have been nurturing a lovely beer gut instead of riding. Add on a problem with my old bike… and I decided to get a new one (used of course – see custom title):

Before I could get it together I decided to ride South Mountain with my DH/FR hardtail, that hurt!

And a minor technical didn’t help

Anyway – got the new ride and headed up Morman trail to National, then back down National the whole way… wow that bike was AWESOME!!! I am stoked about getting back out there, hopefully I will be able to ride it more often.

Anyway few images from South Mountain:
Starting up

At the top

Some fun features (on the way back down):

That's it - kinda breif... but look for more in the future

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
So now I won't be seeing anymore pics of some of my old favorite trails in SoCal! I've ridden SoMo before too though, so no sweat! Great pics.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
So now I won't be seeing anymore pics of some of my old favorite trails in SoCal! I've ridden SoMo before too though, so no sweat! Great pics.
My territory covers SoCal... so I am going to build up a 'spare' bike to leave at -BB-'s for when I visit - so I'll make sure to post up some more as I get the chance. Any Request?

Nice Boomer , what happend the soul cycles ?
Check PM

Nice pics. Evil DOC??
Yup - long, I bought it off DHS

dirtrider2

Chimp
Jan 22, 2006
nam bomber
That DOC looks real nice Mark! I'll be joining your HT club soon. I have a little surprise for the more XCish rides we do 'round here time to time.

You coming back east any time this year? Hope you enjoying your new home.

BTW, have you sworn off fullies?

Dave

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Not sure about getting back there - things are pretty nuts around here, but will let ya know when I do.

As far a fullies - last one I had blew up on a winter ride in Lincoln, RI... i think you were there.

AzToJrse

Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
SOUTH JERSEY
dude those pics are making me miss the Az desert. some great riding on SOMO. Did you rock waterfall on the hardtail? that whole trail top to bottom is great.