Quantcast

And I thought American motorcyclists

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
That one guy in the 2nd pic is having a very bad day. Can usually tell it's a bad day when ya upside down and ya feet are 3 metres in the air.;)

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
I saw something like that 2-3 years ago at bike week in NH. Only about 6 crashed though. It was a bunch of squids who looked very inexperienced due to the fact that they had no gear on. One guy crashed in front with his girl on the back of his 954R. The middle of the pack didn't have anybody lay a bike down but the last few guys weren't paying attention and crashed into the back of the traffic jam. No real injuries that I saw when I was riding by except for the girl on the back of the first bike that crashed. She was only wearing a little spaghetti strap tank top and some tight ass shorts. Her back and arm were bloody as all hell.

I hate riding with more than a couple people. And I'm real picky who I ride with. Sold my R1 a few months after I bought it, decided that I really didn't like riding sportbikes anymore. My roommate gave me some lip about being a little sissy boy, but less than a month later he got in a major single vehicle accident on his bike. Helmet popped off and got a concave fracture on his skull, not to mention a completly shattered arm. I always knew he would either die or get seriously hurt with the way he rode his bike. He was only riding for about 3 months too. Never wanted to hear advice about how to ride. Well, I guess he had to learn the hard way. I don't wish that on anyone, but if you want to be a jackass about it I'm not going to stop it. That added a little more resolve to my deciding that sportbikes really arn't for me. The speeds that you play with are nuts.

It sucks growing up and realizing that death isn't the worst thing that can happen to you. It's being in a hospital bed unable to communicate with all of your family and loved ones beside you. I've already seen too many of my friends at Bethesda and Walter Reed to die in a motorcycle accident.

All that being said I'm still buying a Harley next spring.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
When I lived in the UK, I was always shocked at motorcyclists going between lanes, down the shoulder, and pretty much everything you aren't supposed to do here. I always thought it was a matter of time before I crunched one.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
johnbryanpeters said:
That's OK, at least you're not buying a motorcycle. :D
You know your in trouble when you get a bike from a company that makes more money off of T-Shirts.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Bwahahaha! That's awesome. I'm riding a bike over here.
Riding in Korea means you are flying between car lanes, and on the sidewalk half the time. It's a blast!
Think I'll be picking up one of the new Yammy dirtbikes next spring, prolly a WR450F four stroker. Maybe turn it into an enduro, maybe not.
I've been in a few good accidents, none was my fault. I walked away from each one. I guess DHing has taught me how to crash and roll...
Koreans are the worst drivers in the world, riding a bike here sure keeps you on your toes.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Jorvik said:
Them's fighting words...
I've got nothing against Harley riders. I've given several of them rides when their bikes broke down.

Just kidding man, we have a friendly rivalry here at work between the Harly dudes and other bikers. I'm just not a 55 year old fat guy so I'm in the other rider category.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
DRB said:
When I lived in the UK, I was always shocked at motorcyclists going between lanes, down the shoulder, and pretty much everything you aren't supposed to do here. I always thought it was a matter of time before I crunched one.
I dunno... I always enjoyed lane splitting in LA traffic. Your attention factor has to be pretty keen.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
The seond picture shows some guy doing the dreaded flying "w." Did anyone else catch the kid's expression who was standing on the sidewalk? In one of the pictures it looks like he was going to jump off the side. This has to be one of the craziest things I have ever seen.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
blt2ride said:
The seond picture shows some guy doing the dreaded flying "w." Did anyone else catch the kid's expression who was standing on the sidewalk? In one of the pictures it looks like he was going to jump off the side. This has to be one of the craziest things I have ever seen.
Yeah, In the third pic check the guy hurdling the center barrier. I bet there is a open gap between the barriers he could fall through.

I have seen news reports where someone jumps over one of those in the night....into the darkness between the barries to find out there is nothing there.....and fall to their death. Crazy stuff.

He has got some hops though....it is hard to jump barriers like that in leather pants. :D

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
RhinofromWA said:
Yeah, In the third pic check the guy hurdling the center barrier. I bet there is a open gap between the barriers he could fall through.

I have seen news reports where someone jumps over one of those in the night....into the darkness between the barries to find out there is nothing there.....and fall to their death. Crazy stuff.

He has got some hops though....it is hard to jump barriers like that in leather pants. :D
Please...no explanation needed on how you know that!!!:D

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
zahgurim said:
Bwahahaha! That's awesome. I'm riding a bike over here.
Riding in Korea means you are flying between car lanes, and on the sidewalk half the time. It's a blast!
Think I'll be picking up one of the new Yammy dirtbikes next spring, prolly a WR450F four stroker. Maybe turn it into an enduro, maybe not.
I've been in a few good accidents, none was my fault. I walked away from each one. I guess DHing has taught me how to crash and roll...
Koreans are the worst drivers in the world, riding a bike here sure keeps you on your toes.

A WR450 is an enduro bike. At least, an attempt at one. Good bikes though.

Can't those jackasses see far enough ahead to notice a huge goddamn pileup?

SD_TMTB

Chimp
Jun 26, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I love those pics.
it is like the old Playstation game Road Rash.
although I think the preceding Genisis version was the best......

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
mcA896 said:
A WR450 is an enduro bike. At least, an attempt at one. Good bikes though.
Used to be an Enduro was a street legal dirt bike.

Like the old Yamaha DT's and such from the 70's. Offroad enduro events of today are a little different. :)

"Enduro" was a multi-purpose vehicle. Hmmm what does Specialized call one of their bikes again? ......;)

All I am saying is Enduro might means something different than it does in the good old US of A.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Yup...meaning I might put turn blippers on it, or might not. It's not like anyone here uses them anyway.

I think the turn signals are the only thing that works on the POS I'm riding now...

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Wow. Here in the US, before the helmet law, the etiquitte was that you give your girl the helmet, and you go helmetless. I saw a few of those breaking that - especially the one in the back. Rider had a full-face helmet, his chick had none - a few frames later they were on the pavement.