Quantcast

And I thought I was the pvssy....

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
stinkyboy said:
Worthless.

What's worth a roadtrip to Cali?
Downieville still kicks ass and is always worth the trip. Just don't bring too much bike, there are some amazing pedalling trails there.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
stinkyboy said:
:confused:

Downieville looks easy compared to South Mountain...

Whistler may humble my ass, but we'll see...

Downievillie isn't tech, It's easy, and it's FAST (If you do it right)

I've riden plenty of haggard XC and some fun stuff too, but drops aren't the first thing that comes to mind with XC

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
chicodude said:
Downievillie isn't tech, It's easy, and it's FAST (If you do it right)

I've riden plenty of haggard XC and some fun stuff too, but drops aren't the first thing that comes to mind with XC
(pssst...they're talking about drops that you and I wouldn't consider drops...;) )
Downieville is like mountaincross...with some DH sections to go about 30-45mph...and some uphill sections too...and some flat sections...some creek sections...one techy rock section(not really, but I see people walk it)...and a bunch of slow xc'ers in your way...

but there are more "true" xc trails there than anything...

and there's a lot of DH/FR trail riding on the drive from norcal to Whistler...

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
stinkyboy said:
Hey lookie there. An actual answer...

Got a map(s) or some details?
I'll work on it for ya when I'm not being lazy...

but from Downieville there's Whiskeytown trails...Mt. Shasta trails...Ashland, Oregon has trails...another town just north(?) of there-spacing on the name right now...then you drive a few hours and lots of trails in northern Oregon and then of course all the way through Washington...I'll give ya more details later, if no one helps out by then...then before you hit Whistler there's North Shore...after you hit Whistler there's trails in Pemberton...

you could always just do a search too...

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
SkaredShtles said:
Ooooooh. Damn.

Sorry GoodtobeIrie. :o:
why would you be sorry?? cuz you've been calling some chick a fat ass?? if I really was overweight...I wouldn't talk about it on here...I'd feel too much like I was starting a stoney thread...and then I'd have to start ranting about how I spend too much on chick's drinks...