Quantcast

And it only cost 600..

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Got some new parts (fork/cranks) most parts from ebay/freinds/B&S. Decided i whould post it before it gets to beat up.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
.Pit Steelers. that is a smokin' little package deal you got yourself there for the price! diggin' the S&M colors on the headtube.
...that is one super chub short stem though, wow, and your bars are even pulled back a bit too!

crazy stuff about that guy snapping his steerer... bad combo of alu. steerer and too much leverage I guess.... Maybe he needs some 5" rise cruiser bars so he can keep trying turn-downs!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Great build for $600. I agree on the lowering of the stem a bit. Maybe get some Bada Bing 3" bars when you get the funds to get the bars back up to your prefered height.

Crazy about those pics on spokejunkies - one of the reasons I like low stems and high bars - although I think his situation is pretty rare. And to think those are 3" rise bars - I think you are right Satori - he might have to get some 5" cruiser bars. I don't want to derail this thread too much but here is a pic from way back in 2000 or 2001 of a BMW I had w/ 4" Big Cheese risers bars and a S&M Redneck stem.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Thanks for the comments, yeah iv'e decided im gonna take the steer down a bit and at some point get a little higher rise bars. Yeah the stem is small it's a 30mm SIC,. Why? Dans comp is the best quick shipping and good prices. Iv'e got a question regarding the fork, well i could not find a pipe that fit over the steer tube so i banged the race on with a hammer. In the procces is put nicks into the steer tube not deep or anything but is this something to be worried about?