Quantcast

And justice for some ....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
“Felony convictions have some pretty serious job implications for someone in Mr. Erzinger's profession, and that entered into it,” Hurlbert said. “When you're talking about restitution, you don't want to take away his ability to pay.”
guess what else has pretty serious implications? hitting someone with your car and driving away

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I can tell you what The 5th district is not spending its money on. Its fvcking website. When was that thing designed? 15 years ago? I could not find an e-mail address for any of the attorneys anywhere on it.
Eagle County DA's office phone number: 970-328-6947.
Call this douche bag lawyer and tell him to man up and do the right thing.

*edit
It would appear that Mr Hurlbert has a couple face book pages he might be contacted on should any one be so inclined.

His face book for an aborted state senate run
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=299101016256&v=wall

and a personal face book page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000656513279&v=wall

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't think they're living up to their mission statement:

Mission Statement
The Office of the District will strive to always:
Do the Right Thing
To the Right People
At the Right Time
For the Right Reasons

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I wrote the good DA on his face book page.
Mr Hurlbert,
I would have contacted you through the Fifth Judaical website, except it has no e-mail contacts. Your website says, quote
" * Do the Right Thing * To the Right People* At the Right Time* For the Right Reasons."
Does this really include not persecuting Mr. Erzinger to the fullest extent of the law? As someone who has been hit and run over by someone who actually stopped, I can't even begin to express my rage that someone who didn't have enough humanity and common decency to stop and help, but who fled the scene to potentially let Dr. Milo die in the ditch like a dog is not having the book thrown at him. And why? Because it might hurt Mr. Erzinger's career? Shame on you sir. Dr. Milo, like myself, will probably never again know a pain free day, and has probably had his career irreparably harmed and yet you seem to not take that into account. This appears to be nothing more than a case of "the best law that money can buy". This lack of justice is reprehensible, as are your actions in it. It is my sincere hope that you nor anyone in your family ever have to experience what Dr. Milo or myself went through. No amount of financial restitution is enough to make a victim of such an incident feel like justice has been served. And just as in my case, letting the driver off the hook or to plead down only adds grand insult to grievous injury. In fact it enrages me to this day. Again, shame on you and your office.

I apologize for contacting you in this manner but I had no other way to write your office. It might be time to update your offices web site.

Shane Warren.
:rant::rant:
:mad::mad::mad:

I need a drink.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Hey, I got a response!
Mr. Warren:

Thank you for your e-mail. If you wish to e-mail me in the future, you can do so at *redacted by me*. As for Dr. Milo's case, there are some things the paper did not report. The question is not whether he pleads to a felony or a misdemeanor, but whehter he pleads to a deferred sentence to the felony or a straight plea to a misdemeanor. Dr. Milo is asking for the former, but we feel the latter is better. The reason is that if the defendant pleads to a deferred sentence then after two years, the charge would drop from his record. Since there was no drugs or alcohol involved, the only conditions we could impose is that he stay out of trouble and pay restitution. So, essentially he would be able to write a check and go free with nothing on his record. If he pleads to the two misdemeanors, he still has to pay restitution, would still have to stay out of trouble, would also lose his driver's license and would face county jail time. It just seemed to us that justice would be better served if there was a permanent record of Erzinger's actions against Dr. Milo. We have talked with Dr. Milo and his attorneys on several occasions and understand their objection, but ultimately we felt that justice would be better served by not letting Erzinger just write a check to get out of it.

I also want to convey my sincere concerns over your injuries and hope that you have been able to heal.

Mark Hurlbert
So...If I'm following this correctly a felony plea would disappear from his record in two years but a misdemeanor sticks? How the fvck does that work? :confused: Paging DirtMcgirk to the white courtesy phone.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
drugs and alcohol may not have been involved, but stupidity and fatty's sense of entitlement certainly are.

also, Erzinger's picture from huffpo screams whiskey/cocaine addict

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW Mark Hurlburt filed criminal impersonation charges against 2 racers because one of them took the other's spot.

He also was the guy trying to pin a rape charge on Kobe Bryant with a female employee of the hotel he was staying at.

Last edited:

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
So...If I'm following this correctly a felony plea would disappear from his record in two years but a misdemeanor sticks? How the fvck does that work? :confused: Paging DirtMcgirk to the white courtesy phone.
Yeah, I don't follow this logic either.
Definitely interested to hear DMG's take on it.

This story makes me :mad::rant:

I too have been hit by a car, fortunately they stopped, but the titanium rod in my leg is forever...

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
BTW Mark Hurlburt filed criminal impersonation charges against 2 racers because one of them took the other's spot.

He also was the guy trying to pin a rape charge on Kobe Bryant with a female employee of the hotel he was staying at.
Yea, the Vail paper story has several comments alluding to that. He was not unknown in the Colorado area before this. And it wasn't because he had endeared himself to a lot of people.

but the titanium rod in my leg is forever...
Between me and you someone could probably build a bike. :weee:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
So... dude that hit the guy's attorney is suggesting to his client to take the route that stays on his record?????

While I say go for the fullest extent of the law..... doesnt this suggestion from his lawyer actually contradict what should happen? I mean arent lawyers supposed to act in your best interest, not the better interest of the other parties?

Bottom line hit and run is a felony, you should be prosecuted as such...... too bad if it ****s your job.... you shouldnt have broken the law in the first place. I mean seriously, Both my brothers, my dad, and myself all have a clause in our employement that if we get moving violations we are subject to the loss of our employement. We all drive for a living in one way or another, we all are insured through our respective employers....... that means we have to keep our driving records clean period..... it doesnt mean we dont get prosecuted becuase we might lose our jobs......... what kind of **** is that.

Driver effed up, if he loses his job because of it so be it....... thats something he should know about his line of work....... If he loses his job, then the courts can go after something else say like...... secure property of some sort..... IE Cars, House ETC....... the other involved can get his money one way or another. For godsake, newyork let soem asshole sue a friggin four year old.......