Quantcast

And let the stress begin.......................

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
24,637
26
behind the viewfinder
i think *our* bedroom is too large, and it's probably not even a quarter of that size. beside room for a bed, a dresser, and a nightstand, what the hell else needs to fit there? i'm not counting the closets or bathrooms, so maybe that's also tied into that figure (probably, because the "suite" was used).
 

SkaredShtles

I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!
Sep 21, 2003
49,703
3,491
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
i think *our* bedroom is too large, and it's probably not even a quarter of that size. beside room for a bed, a dresser, and a nightstand, what the hell else needs to fit there? i'm not counting the closets or bathrooms, so maybe that's also tied into that figure (probably, because the "suite" was used).
Yeah. Ours is about the right size, I think. It's probably 18x20 excluding the bathroom part of the "suite."
 

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
24,637
26
behind the viewfinder
well part of the issue is that if you've got a large room downstairs (which there are good reasons for), the typical rectangle layout of house designs dictates that 2nd floor has the same sq footage.

maybe we should build pyramid houses?
 

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
6,763
0
Vestal, NY
SkaredShtles said:
Damn. That's a woman that likes her bedroom space. :D
It was kind of foolish not to, from an investment/budget standpoint. We got another 1100 sq/ft (or whatever it is), for virtually no additional cost. Basically what Narlus said.
 

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
9,889
0
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
It was kind of foolish not to, from an investment/budget standpoint. We got another 1100 sq/ft (or whatever it is), for virtually no additional cost. Basically what Narlus said.

"no additional cost"..........until you got yor tax bill
 

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
24,637
26
behind the viewfinder
well i guess it's an incremental costs...the structural costs are likely to be a small portion if any, because the framing and roof and foundation aren't affected whether that room is that large or not (it would probably be more $ to do a gabled roofline and shrink the sq footage of that 2nd floor bedroom space). however, it's certainly cheapest to leave it as unfinished space, which isn't the case here, so someone had to buy the materials and labor to finish the room.

this might be the lamest thread hijack ever.
 

SkaredShtles

I love NEWCASTLE and will ONLY drink NEWCASTLE!!!!
Sep 21, 2003
49,703
3,491
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
well part of the issue is that if you've got a large room downstairs (which there are good reasons for), the typical rectangle layout of house designs dictates that 2nd floor has the same sq footage.

maybe we should build pyramid houses?
Yeah - we got a layout where the big room downstairs has a full two story ceiling. So 1/2 the house has a 2nd level - the other half has a really high ceiling. Which is nice. Except when I have to paint that room. :dead:
 

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
947
1
Rochester, NY
OK... back on track for this thread...

How's this for stress...

I just purchased my second investment house with (drumroll please)... a credit card. Full purchase price = $33,900 with a cash advance on my MasterCard. :thumb:
 

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
3,523
0
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Crashby said:
OK... back on track for this thread...

How's this for stress...

I just purchased my second investment house with (drumroll please)... a credit card. Full purchase price = $33,900 with a cash advance on my MasterCard. :thumb:
Dude, that's crazy talk! :think:
 

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
947
1
Rochester, NY
narlus said:
how long are you planning on holding that?
Ill hold it only until I sell my first property... I should be finished with that one in 2 weeks, and it should take no longer than 2-3 weeks to sell... then another few weeks to close. So Ill have to float it for a couple months.

Even so, its only 4% APR (until Oct '06)... so less than a mortgage, but it still feels a little sketchy to buy a whole house on a credit card. :rolleyes:

I'll actually own 3 houses at the same time for a month or so... a little stressful, but Ill make it work.
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
Crashby said:
OK... back on track for this thread...

How's this for stress...

I just purchased my second investment house with (drumroll please)... a credit card. Full purchase price = $33,900 with a cash advance on my MasterCard. :thumb:

Careful there.... that's a-kin to investing in the stock market with borrowed money....

:dead:
 

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
947
1
Rochester, NY
N8 said:
Careful there.... that's a-kin to investing in the stock market with borrowed money....

:dead:
High risk, high reward...

by the end of December, I will have 2 houses that were purchased together for 69K. After refurbs (18k cost) - they will be worth 145K

Not too shabby...