Quantcast

And let the stress begin.......................

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Our house hits the MLS tomorrow and a Brokers tour. I hope we sell this place quick and get at least our asking price. If all goes as planned we'll have our new place within 3 weeks:eek:

J

JRB

Yeah - seems way more stressful than my days here lately. Good luck.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good luck w/ the sale.

we've only had one real estate sale in our life, and we sold it to the 1st person (saw it on the thurs we were to have our 1st open house, and gave us our asking price). we probably could have gotten more $ in retrospect, but one in the hand is worth two in the bush.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
firetoole said:
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!!!!!!!
thats so annoying when they do that. and thats not long enough. is more like
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
No it means it takes 45 days and a 30k drop in price like mine did!! escrow is supposed to close today.....i want my check!

And no my place was not a dump in fact it was one of the nicest in our complex (condo) but we have had a major slowdown in the east bay.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
N8 said:
Does a 'slow market' out there mean you can only sell your house for $30k more than you are asking instead of $50k more?

:p
Probably more like asking price, for the most part my house is "turn key" condition. $30K over asking would RULE!!!!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
N8 said:
Do you have another house picked out or are you going to build again?
I'd love to build again, but I don't think it's going to happen... property values/taxes are just waaaaay to high right now.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Brian HCM#1 said:
Selling:confused: I thought you just moved in after 90 years of construction?
Yea, we did. Been there about a year. Tax guy came out last week and gave us the news that we knew was coming... a very generous/conservative *drum roll please* 12,875 annual property taxes.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
brian - what's yr plan for combatting the sprawl of kids' toys and other ephemera?

when we sold our condo, we rented a storage space, moved all my records, bikes, loose crap etc into it and made the place neat, well-organized and appearing roomier than it really was. we also re-painted the entire interior. definitely money well spent.

it'd definitely be tougher to keep the random bouts of entropy at bay w/ two young kids, and keep the house 'presentable'

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Brian HCM#1 said:
It's not bad for our area, if it was peak season I'd be going for around $815K

Interesting... we doin't have 'peak' seasons here that effect property values. Here, the appraised price is the price.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
jacksonpt said:
Yea, we did. Been there about a year. Tax guy came out last week and gave us the news that we knew was coming... a very generous/conservative *drum roll please* 12,875 annual property taxes.

Good god! I pay maybe $1000 a year here...

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
good luck selling.. right now I am all stressed out on the other end of the spectrum.. I am buying and hopefully closing nov 16th ... way to stressful

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
N8 said:
What does a house go for there per Sq Ft?
depends on materials and location...

To give you an idea, our house...

4.3 acres
desirable area (though not the snobby/prime neighboorhoods)
good school district
sheetrock/plaster walls (not drywall)
granite/corian countertops throughout (kitchen and baths)
maple cabinets in kitchen, oak in baths
hardwood/carpet/ceramic tile thoughout
approx 3600 sq ft
average sized kitchen/dining
good size family room w/ gas fireplace
HUUUGE master suite (44x25)
good size bedrooms 2 and 3
small bedroom 4 (nursery/office)
2200 sq ft unfinished basement (walk-out) w/ fireplace

asking price is $525k, hoping for $500k.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
jacksonpt said:
depends on materials... tile/hardwood floors, good countertops (corian, granite, etc, not laminate), sheetrock (not drywall)... about $150 per sq/ft.

Not bad! We are getting that in the gated areas here, if you have solid surface countertops, 3 car garage, wood/tile floors, generous amounts of trim, sprinkler system and stainless steel appliances on a lot that costs $50k for a 1/2 acre.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
narlus said:
brian - what's yr plan for combatting the sprawl of kids' toys and other ephemera?

when we sold our condo, we rented a storage space, moved all my records, bikes, loose crap etc into it and made the place neat, well-organized and appearing roomier than it really was. we also re-painted the entire interior. definitely money well spent.

it'd definitely be tougher to keep the random bouts of entropy at bay w/ two young kids, and keep the house 'presentable'
Most of the toys are in storage or stuffed in the garage. When it sells we'll break out some of the toys.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
jacksonpt said:
Thats roughly what I'll be paying on the new place.