Quantcast

And on the fourth day. Work continues.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
gonna spend the day driving around the delta. Last drop off at 1500 is right at Big Break regional shoreline park. I might just have to go out and scout out some striped bass fishing spots as they have a nice free kayak launch area..

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Got a whole 2 hours of sleep last night before the wife woke me saying it is go time. Braved the storm and navigated flooded out streets on our way to the hospital at 3am. But now we're here, she's well into labor, and with any luck I'll be a dad by the end of the day. :eek:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Got a whole 2 hours of sleep last night before the wife woke me saying it is go time. Braved the storm and navigated flooded out streets on our way to the hospital at 3am. But now we're here, she's well into labor, and with any luck I'll be a dad by the end of the day. :eek:
See ya in 18 years Timmeh! GL

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

Congratulations bro!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

want to go for a ride this weekend?

hahaha, just kidding :D

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Working to get my basement project up to speed again. Plumber who was going to do the work fell through and now I have to start over and need to get moving quickly so the heating system works before it get too cold.

First PT today and it went really well. Felt get to move the shoulder. Need to find out when I can bike again so I have a goal.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
6" of rain last night on top of the 6" we got the past 10 days. No major flooding issues locally, but rivers and ponds are definitely a lot higher than usual.

I dropped my Outback off at the dealer this morning to get something looked at and they gave me a loaded Crosstrek for a loaner. Cute little car and it's got more punch than I expected, although still not as much power as my 6 cylinder Outback. The Crosstrek is also nearly a thousand pounds lighter, which was very noticeable on the highway when the wind was knocking me around. I love that my Outback is such a tank.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Power flickered at work, as soon as I opened my office door. Welcome back!

@slyfink did you make it home or at least back to Ottawa?
Nope. Not yet. Hopefully today. Insurance company has theoretically organized an ambulance transport for me (similar to what @eric strt6 does I guess?) For today at noon. We'll see.

Was transferred rooms last night out of the intensive care unit to the post op recovery unit. The new room has a shower in it. I managed to lean on the edge of the shower and wash my hair! It has been over a week! Feels so good LOL.

I'd had enough of hospital food yesterday so I installed Uber Eats on my phone and ordered a burrito. I also ordered twenty churros for the nursing staff. I also gave some to a neighbour who seems to be Mexican. He made me this beer can flower in return. Amazing.
Screenshot_20210902-094543_Gallery.jpg

Took a picture in case it doesn't survive the trip home.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Nope. Not yet. Hopefully today. Insurance company has theoretically organized an ambulance transport for me (similar to what @eric strt6 does I guess?) For today at noon. We'll see.

Was transferred rooms last night out of the intensive care unit to the post op recovery unit. The new room has a shower in it. I managed to lean on the edge of the shower and wash my hair! It has been over a week! Feels so good LOL.

I'd had enough of hospital food yesterday so I installed Uber Eats on my phone and ordered a burrito. I also ordered twenty churros for the nursing staff. I also gave some to a neighbour who seems to be Mexican. He made me this beer can flower in return. Amazing.
View attachment 164342

Took a picture in case it doesn't survive the trip home.
No sponge baths? :brows:

Also does this suggest that your neighbor has beer? haha

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
No sponge baths? :brows:

Also does this suggest that your neighbor has beer? haha
Oh yes. Have had plenty of those. They're not as great as they sound. The only thing they can't do with those is your hair though. So I had to wait until I had access to a shower.

In fact, I won't be allowed to take a real shower until three days after the staples have been removed. Which isn't for another 10 days I think. So it's another 10 days of sponge baths. luckily (?) it will be my wife doing it this time....:think:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
DAMAGE REPORT.

Final tally 8" of rain. Lots of flooding. Apparently worst flooding since the 70s. My son's school is closed. Tornados half an hour from here. I guess we got luck that we only have like an inch of water in the basement. Dealing with that today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I was scheduled to work today to cover for someone else who may or may not be actually ill

but then we discovered we had an extra person (who splits time between two sections thus not always input properly on the schedule) working after all, so I don't have to work

I enjoy not working