Quantcast

And so it begins, chatbots take over higher Ed.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Seriously. Please believe I work in tech, I'm a huge fan of technology in general. But I think AI is a wicked Pandora's box. You can't put the toothpaste back into the tube.
Retired IT here, and it both fascinates and scares me, but unfortunately the scare is moving up the scale at a rapid pace. Looking at what they have been using as training data sets, kinda makes you do a "What were you thinking". If it is not fully vetted, then it has no business being used.

Humans taking Fucking shortcuts is gonna be our end.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Retired IT here, and it both fascinates and scares me, but unfortunately the scare is moving up the scale at a rapid pace. Looking at what they have been using as training data sets, kinda makes you do a "What were you thinking". If it is not fully vetted, then it has no business being used.

Humans taking Fucking shortcuts is gonna be our end.
There was a machine learning lab at Google a few years back. The 3 machines quickly developed their own language that nobody could interpret, so they pulled the plug before it got out of hand. FAFO on a global scale.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
There was a machine learning lab at Google a few years back. The 3 machines quickly developed their own language that nobody could interpret, so they pulled the plug before it got out of hand. FAFO on a global scale.

I remember that. Wanna bet that now they would try ring fence them and see what happens, probably without an air-gap.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I remember that. Wanna bet that now they would try ring fence them and see what happens, probably without an air-gap.
Please believe, I wish I had AI when I wrote a 15 page paper on Plato's Meno and what is a virtue back in school. But let's not give it the nuclear codes just yet.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Please believe, I wish I had AI when I wrote a 15 page paper on Plato's Meno and what is a virtue back in school. But let's not give it the nuclear codes just yet.
But we'll need it to help get rid of the malware that infects missile command.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
But not salt proof.
The dude at Gresham Off-road built a 22re that was pushing over 500hp. A guy in Sandy builds them with lifetime warranty unlimited miles, the drivetrain and chassis can take serious heat.

But nothing beats salt. :(

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR