Quantcast

And some of you guys think mtbr.com is bad......

J

JRB

I'll be interested in the outcome, but there is even too much jibberish in it for me.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Rip said:
I'm fed up with that thread.
Hey rip, I think Im banned from there. I have a vanilla R setting in my garage doing nothing I could give the guy.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
BurlyShirley said:
Hey rip, I think Im banned from there. I have a vanilla R setting in my garage doing nothing I could give the guy.

The registration process takes about 20 seconds since the fragile silly wankers don't require a valid email or email confirmation to complete registration.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Rip said:
I'm fed up with that thread.

yep. i more or less hang out over there once in a while just to get entertained by some of the stuff.

i applaud the guy for wanting to build his own stuff, but just can't picture how this thing is going to turn out well.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
scrublover said:
yep. i more or less hang out over there once in a while just to get entertained by some of the stuff.

i applaud the guy for wanting to build his own stuff, but just can't picture how this thing is going to turn out well.
I think it will turn out well if the guy gets to ride a bike he made. I cant see what's not to like about that. I know its not that you're truly worried about his safety, you're just looking to poke fun at a guy who rides a "cheap" bike.
Well, I can tell you, those "wal mart" bikes are practically indestructible. Ive beat on one for a long time with a steel pipe to crack a frame, just for the hell of it. You might think it's stupid, but its a learning experience.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
justsomeguy said:

The registration process takes about 20 seconds since the fragile silly wankers don't require a valid email or email confirmation to complete registration.
I'm tired of the place in general, probably why I'm going to resign and leave.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
BurlyShirley said:
I think it will turn out well if the guy gets to ride a bike he made. I cant see what's not to like about that. I know its not that you're truly worried about his safety, you're just looking to poke fun at a guy who rides a "cheap" bike.
Well, I can tell you, those "wal mart" bikes are practically indestructible. Ive beat on one for a long time with a steel pipe to crack a frame, just for the hell of it. You might think it's stupid, but its a learning experience.
I've done that too. I used a 8 ft piece of scaffolding to beat on a beater. It really took some before dying.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Man, the general mountain biking public on that forum is way too negative. That's one of the coolest ideas ever, putting a Lawill design on a cheapo frame. Even if it blows up, the dude will still learn a ton, and can apply what he's learned into building a new, completely custom frame from scratch. If he just buys a newer, nicer frame, he'll actually appreciate it.

It makes sense to modify such a cheap frame, because if anything goes berserk, it's not a big financial loss.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
no, actually i'm not trying to make fun of the guy. if you had read my posts there, you'd see that. i like his outside the box or whatever you want to call it thinking. sure, those bikes are tanklike, but is it going to handle being built into something with twice the amount of travel? guess we'll see.

i just think he's crazy for wanting to spend more on a rear shock than he did on his entire bike. like i tried to tell him, he might want to try his design with the stock, or cheaper shock to ensure it works before spending even more money on it.

several people over there have tried to give him constructive advice, not bashing. doesn't matter to him. in the end, it's his money/bike/time, not mine.

my intent was to point out the whole message board over there, and how delightfully inane it can be; guess i picked the wrong threads to link. :rolleyes: