Quantcast

...and that's it for the Sox... (well, the red ones anyway)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
D'oh.

Things were exciting for a minute there in the 6th!

I have to admit, that was some damn fine pitching.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
What a difference a year makes. :confused:

Oh well, I can still get goose bumps thinking about last year.
Its funny how I am a huge Red Sox fan, yet I hate the Patriots almost as much as fire ants.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
next year. Gonna root for the los angeles angels of el segunda to beat the evil empire.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
if a team can't get a game-tying run w/ the bases jammed and no outs, they don't deserve to move on.

did damon look totally lost at the plate the entire game, or was it just me?

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
narlus said:
if a team can't get a game-tying run w/ the bases jammed and no outs, they don't deserve to move on.

did damon look totally lost at the plate the entire game, or was it just me?

I second that. As far as Damon is concerned, he almost looked as hopeless as Varitek..... :nuts:

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
The 6th inning sucked (besides Manny). Unfreakin real. Oh well, Chicago has a great team. I didnt see the Sox getting by them even if they won today. The team didnt have the same vibe as last year at all. They seemed too stiff (Renteria), not as loose and fun as last year. I have a feeling some familiar faces will be gone next season.

Anyways, go Sox (Chicago that is)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dfinn said:
next year. Gonna root for the los angeles angels of el segunda to beat the evil empire.
Oh man. That's like Stalin complaining about Hitler. The Red Sox have the second largest payroll and third place is not in sight, plus there are a few skeletons in the Boston sports history you don't want to stir up...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
sanjuro said:
Oh man. That's like Stalin complaining about Hitler. The Red Sox have the second largest payroll and third place is not in sight, plus there are a few skeletons in the Boston sports history you don't want to stir up...
uh, NY's payroll is something like 210 million, whereas boston's is 130 or so. certainly very high, but nowhere near as astronomic as georgie boys. and i think LA's isn't that far off from the red sox (the mets are right there too).

the WSJ had an article on this yesterday; the yankees paid about 2 million per win.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
bluebug32 said:
I'm a Cubs fan, so I pretty much feel sad this time every year...but, at this point, I just want someone, anyone, to beat the Yankees.
The Angels took 'em out 11-7 last night :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Well at least now I won't have two weeks of five-hour-a-night-sleep nights like last year. The Sox were lucky to even be there.

Time for Mr Epstein to blow up the pitching staff and rebuild it. The future does look bright with Jonathan Papelbon and Craig Hansen.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
.:Jeenyus:. said:
Yes!, now all the Yankees have to do is win the next to and I get to go to an ALCS game in NY.
...and that's it for the yankees. :dancing:

i bet if steinbrenner paid a-rod more money, he may have had enough incentive to get a hit last night.

and these will be standard parts of the NY outfielder's uniforms next year:

BWAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
A-Rod's inability do to ANYTHING when it matters most is simply mind boggling (and gratifying!). I mean, it's not even a matter of him not doing anything, he actually does things to HURT the Yanks (errors, double plays, etc). $25 million per season well spent, eh? :) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hey Bubba Crosby: LOOK OUT! :p

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
Ok this is coming from a Yankees fan (me) who HATES Arod. Is there any player of "superstar" caliber that is as inept in the clutch as he is?
Honestly, the douche hit .330-50-120 this year and went 0-fer this series, 0-fer in games 4-7 last ALCS and pretty much disappears whenever his team needs a hit.
Its like he's Roy Hobbs when they are up by 5 runs in the 8th inning but turns into some scared little leaguer if the runner on base needs to score with them down by a run. I really cant think of anyone with as many accolades as him who sucks as bad in the playoffs. Left 3 guys on last night, GIDP with him as the tying run in the top of the 9th yesterday, hell, if he didnt fark up so bad in just that one, last inning the Yankees would likely have won. So Im laying on the couch last night and see Jeter get on and Arod get up to bat and I say to myself, "self, I bet a million bucks he grounds into a double play". Guess what happened....As soon as he swung, I started laughing my head off.
God DAMNIT, he should be deported! Not even shipped to another team, he needs to be shipped off to the salt mines, away from causing any one else the grief of having him.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
luken8r said:
Ok this is coming from a Yankees fan (me) who HATES Arod. Is there any player of "superstar" caliber that is as inept in the clutch as he is?
Honestly, the douche hit .330-50-120 this year and went 0-fer this series, 0-fer in games 4-7 last ALCS and pretty much disappears whenever his team needs a hit.
So Im laying on the couch last night and see Jeter get on and Arod get up to bat and I say to myself, "self, I bet a million bucks he grounds into a double play". Guess what happened....As soon as he swung, I started laughing my head off.
I feel the same way about A-Rod...the most overrated player in the game. The guy never comes through in the clutch. Listen to the post game interviews of D. Jeter and A-rod you can tell why one is a winner and the other will never be.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
Joe Pozer said:
I feel the same way about A-Rod...the most overrated player in the game. The guy never comes through in the clutch. Listen to the post game interviews of D. Jeter and A-rod you can tell why one is a winner and the other will never be.
agreed, i watched some of the post game stuff last night and a-rod was saying "well they played better than us, they deserved to win" blah blah
jeter went and came straight to the point "we sucked"
you could tell he was pissed but arod was more like, "meh"

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
What's New Hampshire got to do with it? He lives in NC, dammit. :mad:
Bah. I'm not going to quit being a Red Sox fan just because I don't live in New England...

I'm sure your family and friends would be happy to hear that you believe loyalties ought to vanish that quickly, though :p

He oughta be talking about NASCAR.
NASCAR sucks. :stosh:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
binary visions said:
Bah. I'm not going to quit being a Red Sox fan just because I don't live in New England...

I'm sure your family and friends would be happy to hear that you believe loyalties ought to vanish that quickly, though :p
Loyalty? I thought you were talking about baseball........ :think:

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
narlus said:
...and that's it for the yankees. :dancing:

i bet if steinbrenner paid a-rod more money, he may have had enough incentive to get a hit last night.

and these will be standard parts of the NY outfielder's uniforms next year:

BWAHAHAHAHAA!!!!
Sooooooooo close.

Why is it whenever I have tickets to a postseason game the team has to go and lose? :( (not just yankees)

Edit: Maybe they could make a mit that would enable Manny to be capable of catching a baseball. I could do a better job out there than him. :rolleyes:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
.:Jeenyus:. said:
Sooooooooo close.

Why is it whenever I have tickets to a postseason game the team has to go and lose? :( (not just yankees)

Edit: Maybe they could make a mit that would enable Manny to be capable of catching a baseball. I could do a better job out there than him. :rolleyes:
damn, you were gonna fly from oregon to NYC for a baseball game?

:think:

aren't you in high school?

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
narlus said:
damn, you were gonna fly from oregon to NYC for a baseball game?

:think:

aren't you in high school?
Yes, and I am going to NY this weekend regardless of the game. It just would have been nice. My pops is up for an award for New Discovery of the Year Award so my mother and I are tagging along.

http://www.lucieawards.com