Quantcast

And this is even freakier...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/28/AR2006032801317.html

A life-size sculpture of a naked Britney Spears kneeling on a bearskin rug as she gives birth will be on display next month at Brooklyn's Capla Kesting Fine Art gallery.

The sculpture is to appear next to a display case filled with anti-abortion materials. It was created by Daniel Edwards, who said he never spoke to the 24-year-old pop star or met her, and fashioned her face and figure from photographs.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Ol Dave says, "I'd hit it... even though she's a skank!"...

Sorry about the multiple posts. Thanks to whoever cleaned it up for me.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
MudGrrl said:
I think it's interesting that the artist picked Britney Spears, of all people, to promote his Pro-Life agenda.
Is this because she drives around with her un-buckled child sitting in her lap or because she's thought of as a slutty pop-star?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
That's kind of an odd position to be in while giving birth, unless I know even less about child birth than I thought. I think "Britney Spears kneeling on a bearskin rug as she procreates" would be a better description.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Wow! That is one classy piece of art. I'd like to put it in my den, along with a bearskin rug and a moosehead mounted on the wall. Now if I can just find one of those clitoris light switches.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
MudGrrl said:
I think it's interesting that the artist picked Britney Spears, of all people, to promote his Pro-Life agenda.
He's not promoting any kind of agenda. He just wanted to see a physical representation of what a pregnant Britney Spears would look like in that position.

Some kind of weird pregnant-celeb fetish. I'm sure there are entire websites devoted to it.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Westy said:
Wow! That is one classy piece of art. I'd like to put it in my den, along with a bearskin rug and a moosehead mounted on the wall. Now if I can just find one of those clitoris light switches.
you can also go w/ this one:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
jdschall said:
We have post card of Michelangelo's David that we modified to be a light switch cover. If you turn on the lights - well - you get the picture.
You're a sick sick man. :thumb: Thanks for the idea!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I've met the gallery owners before. No big whoop. Great publicity stunt for everyone involved. The artist did a piece focused on Ted Williams decapitated head too.

Art is serious stuff

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jdschall said:
Whoops. Sometimes I don't read/follow all the links. Maybe great minds think alike? Either that or we belong in the same gutter.
my wife was half-serious about getting those switchplates for a room in our house.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I Are Baboon said:
That's kind of an odd position to be in while giving birth, unless I know even less about child birth than I thought.
Looks more like a receiving positition......

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I have no connection to Britney. I don't even fantasize about her.

But I think this is a little mean. Maybe she asks for it because she is famous, but I don't think she deserves something like this.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
sanjuro said:
I have no connection to Britney. I don't even fantasize about her.

But I think this is a little mean. Maybe she asks for it because she is famous, but I don't think she deserves something like this.
Imagine how the lion feels. He's been decapitated for chrissakes!