Quantcast

watchthis

Chimp
Jan 31, 2011
rednecks didn't exist until 1863 when west virginia was admitted to the union you fvcktard. learn your history.
I think you might have missed my point and your buss , you know the short one!

Not to mention you left out all the obvious truth in my statement !

Life is tough ,must be tough for you going thru it with your eyes closed and ignorant ?

" Virginia admitted to the union...learn your history "
Public school on the short bus, you went -

Oh by the way Ben Franklin did not invent electricity !

watchthis

Chimp
Jan 31, 2011
"Also, if anyone is breaking into my house and I get out of bed in time to get the gun and load it, I guess I'll shoot them in the face just because I can."

I highly suggest keeping it Loaded just for this purpose ....

Get out of the woods and back into reality son! We's got scurry peeps wantin to take my white away!!!----- mind if i get this printed on a Tshirt ?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Just for what its worth, Guns will never go away, nor will the government get away with too much(of whatever pisses the country off), because, there are definitely more guns than people in this country, sure, in a rich suburban neighborhood there may not be to many guns, but for every 10 people without a single gun, there is some crazy redneck with 25 machine guns. The guns outnumber the population, they are not going anywhere.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I don't find the discussion particularly easy because Im undecided in a lot of ways. I've yet to identify the threshold at which a certain amount of violence just becomes an acceptable cost of allowing private gun ownership. Clearly "no violence" is an impossibility, even with an outright ban of all guns. And acquiescing freedoms for the sake of security as provided by the government has its own downsides. It's easy for me to understand why asking people to let others be responsible for their immediate security, instead of allowing them do it themselves, is met with resistance. Fact of the matter is personal autonomy is a huge part of the american psyche, however illusory that autonomy might actually be.

Guns are also useful to me. I've grown outright ill at the thought of purchasing store-bought meats. So now I've invested in some shotguns and am scouring craigslist for a $50 chest freezer so I can kill and preserve all my own organic, free range, dead fish and mammals. It's a goal of mine in 2012 to not eat one bit of grain-fed chicken or cattle, or farmed salmon... both because it turns my stomach to imagine these operations and because of the environmental devastation... which I admit is highly secondary because I've already accepted the fact that the world is headed down the sh*tter no matter what I do. Also, if anyone is breaking into my house and I get out of bed in time to get the gun and load it, I guess I'll shoot them in the face just because I can.
Take the CA firearm rules.

10 round mags - kinda of annoying at the range but you get use to it.
Firearm transfer must be done at a shop - well, it would keep me from buying an used gun, but rather that than some psycho ex-con getting one.
No gun shops in SF - Well, I don't go to any bike shops here either
50 cal sniper rifle outlawed - I always wanted a $10,000 gun I would have to find a quarter mile range to use it at.

All these laws seem relatively reasonable and doesn't prevent you from buying most guns, just with minor restrictions.

Last edited:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Why don't you have a peak at rule #3 for me?

http://www.nrahq.org/education/guide.asp

But like it's I said before... the NRA has long since proven that gun safety isnt its top priority. So it doesn't surprise me that the type of wacko who would join a mountain biking forum for the sole purpose of blathering out a bunch of pro gun platitudes in support of the NRA would not know the few basic rules of gun safety. Just goes to show how influential the NRA is, I guess.

Since you've taken the time to create an account already, how about typing out a coherent reply with some actual content?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
"Also, if anyone is breaking into my house and I get out of bed in time to get the gun and load it, I guess I'll shoot them in the face just because I can."

Unless you have your gun loaded, cocked, and in your hand every time someone knocks on the door there's really no point. The few home invasions out here started with a simple knock on the door, possibly with a well dressed/groomed man holding a clipboard standing on your front porch.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Oh no of course not, the desire to own a simple freedom popper that can cut someone in half in two seconds is a perfectly reasonable need for a well adjusted, stable, secure american. I mean that's just like buying a dvd player really.
you do realize that an AR15 is not automatic and has less power than a wal-mart hunting rifle right? it looks scary...i know. :rolleyes:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I think you might have missed my point and your buss , you know the short one!

Not to mention you left out all the obvious truth in my statement !

Life is tough ,must be tough for you going thru it with your eyes closed and ignorant ?

" Virginia admitted to the union...learn your history "
Public school on the short bus, you went -

Oh by the way Ben Franklin did not invent electricity !
This is a bot isn't it? Some redneck bought some spamming software and set it up to post in threads like this, that's the only possible explanation.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
you do realize that an AR15 is not automatic and has less power than a wal-mart hunting rifle right? it looks scary...i know. :rolleyes:
So if you pull somebody over and they whip one out, your not gonna be concerned at all because its just a little old AR-15, right? Its practically a toy after all.

Last edited:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
i don't hate guns.
Me neither. In fact, I recently penned a character reference letter for someone applying for a gun permit -- although the very fact something like that exists I'm sure chaps a plethora of asses.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Never shot a .50BMG but heard the recoil isn't bad.Like a 12G shotgun(which is good enough).
That's a good price on one too.You should buy it.Probably be worth double that in 5 years.
The amount of freedom that you can share with that thing must be GINORMOUS.
Not looking to buy it. Buddy of mine just picked one up. He has a cabin deep in the heart of pennsylvania where I'm going this weekend. With like 4 30 racks of Keystone.

The new tactic is to THROW your duty gun at the suspect & run away. What that does is it confuses the suspect into not shooting.
Might work!?:rolleyes::rofl:
but then they have TWO guns, and their freedom has increased.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I allways get sucked into this debate even though I am relatively neutral on the subject. I generally think that the far right or left is no better than the other. The problem that I have with liberals (the more extreme ones) is their condescending attitudes and arrogance. When it comes to gun laws and ownership rights, liberals starts blaming the "redneck retards" for all of the associated problems. This is interesting considering that "white, non-hispanic" are only responsible for 3.4% off gun related homicides. I am sure this has to do with a conspiracy to arm the minorities in hopes of wiping them out.

There is also a great deal of terror that the anti-gun people seem to house although there are more auto related deaths than gun related deaths in the U.S and people are willing to chalk up auto transportation as an acceptable risk.

Where is the solution that this liberal mindset holds? Outlaw guns? Problem solved? The fact that many anti-gun supporters see them selves as intellectually superior and hold this belief is amusing. The fact is that we have a high crime rate in the US..period. Criminals are criminals. There are no legal weapons allowed in our prisons yet people are stabbed and killed in jail all of the time and this occurs when they have regular shake downs and cell searches.

I could go on and on about the number of other things that are illegal and still exist as problems. Hell, we've had presidents declare a "war on drugs" and look at how effective that has been. Do you propose nazi style home invasion searches or are you naive enough to believe that all these criminals will just hand over their guns?

So, instead of calling people rednecks and retards, let's hear a reasonable, thorough solution, otherwise your stance is nothing more than an unreasonable oppinion and should be treated as such.

Last edited:

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I allways get sucked into this debate even though I am relatively neutral on the subject. I generally think that the far right or left is no better than the other. The problem that I have with liberals (the more extreme ones) is their condescending attitudes and arrogance. When it comes to gun laws and ownership rights, liberals starts blaming the "redneck retards" for all of the associated problems. This is interesting considering that "white, non-hispanic" are only responsible for 3.4% off gun related homicides. I am sure this has to do with a conspiracy to arm the minorities in hopes of wiping them out.

There is also a great deal of terror that the anti-gun people seem to house although there are more auto related deaths than gun related deaths in the U.S and people are willing to chalk up auto transportation as an acceptable risk.

Where is the solution that this liberal mindset holds? Outlaw guns? Problem solved? The fact that many anti-gun supporters see them selves as intellectually superior and hold this belief is amusing. The fact is that we have a high crime rate in the US..period. Criminals are criminals. There are no legal weapons allowed in our prisons yet people are stabbed and killed in jail all of the time and this occurs when they have regular shake downs and cell searches.

I could go on and on about the number of other things that are illegal and still exist as problems. Hell, we've had presidents declare a "war on drugs" and look at how effective that has been. Do you propose nazi style home invasion searches or are you naive enough to believe that all these criminals will just hand over their guns?

So, instead of calling people rednecks and retards, let's hear a reasonable, thorough solution, otherwise your stance is nothing more than an unreasonable oppinion and should be treated as such.
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

Liberal condescension and ignorance is certainly part of the impassive stance from the NRA.

But even the moderate attempts at gun control have met unyielding resistance. For example, the bi-partisan organization Mayors Against Illegal Guns is strongly criticized by the NRA.

The sad thing is that the group which has the most influence on the NRA, its members, will never object to any attempt to stopping illegal gun use, as long as they can buy their Sigs and HK's.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
It would help if the gun nuts posting weren't retards, to start with. Now, if you're arguing that we shouldn't call idiots idiots, I can't help you...

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn

Please clone yourself and take over the world.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
OMG....is that??? It IS!! It's Calvin urinating on the words "gun control" expressing disagreement with said notion!!

It doesn't get any better than that.

Comedy gold.
Not quite as good as the religious guy I knew growing up driving a Mazda B-Series pickup with a Calvin pissing on a Ford logo.

Jesus thought he was stupid too-he was speeding between Edmonton and Calgary and killed himself when he fell asleep at 150kph.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
So if you pull somebody over and they whip one out, your not gonna be concerned at all because its just a little old AR-15, right? Its practically a toy after all.
are you retarded? of course...ANY weapon pointed at me is a "concern". the point i'm making is that kidwoo referred to the AR platform as something that could "cut you in half in 2 seconds". making up scary capabilities of guns is the leftist equivalent to the far right's patent on fear mongering. i was just gauging whether or not he was being sarcastic or if he is truly ignorant to the AR platform. he has since assured me that he is not ignorant because he's been firing rifles longer than me :rolleyes:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
are you retarded? of course...ANY weapon pointed at me is a "concern". the point i'm making is that kidwoo referred to the AR platform as something that could "cut you in half in 2 seconds". making up scary capabilities of guns is the leftist equivalent to the far right's patent on fear mongering. i was just gauging whether or not he was being sarcastic or if he is truly ignorant to the AR platform. he has since assured me that he is not ignorant because he's been firing rifles longer than me :rolleyes:
Well thats good to hear. Since you seemed to be implying that the weapon thats issued in various forms to our military services and to police squads around the country isn't deadly at all, simply because its not an unrestrained bullet hose like kidwoo might have implied. I personally cant understand why one isn't issued to every kid on their first day of kindergarten, its so damn safe.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Well thats good to hear. Since you seemed to be implying that the weapon thats issued in various forms to our military services and to police squads around the country isn't deadly at all, simply because its not an unrestrained bullet hose like kidwoo might have implied. I personally cant understand why one isn't issued to every kid on their first day of kindergarten, its so damn safe.
if it was safe it wouldn't be called a weapon now would it?

you're still missing the point. :banghead:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
So the Arizona tragedy didn't really hammer home the difference between a bolt action and a magazine-fed semi-auto of equal (or even lesser) caliber?

I'll give you a hint: if you need 20 rounds to take down a deer or a home intruder, you probably shouldn't own a firearm.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Show me a reasonable virulent NRA supporter who isn't an insecure nutjob and maybe I'll listen to his oppinion(sic).

Show me how many times this mystical 'self defense' argument has actually worked at keeping a family safe, subtract the number of accidental deaths and shootings and we can chat all day long.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Show me a reasonable virulent NRA supporter who isn't an insecure nutjob and maybe I'll listen to his oppinion(sic).

Show me how many times this mystical 'self defense' argument has actually worked at keeping a family safe, subtract the number of accidental deaths and shootings and we can chat all day long.
Negative numbers are inventions of the devil and have no place in good Christian homes, you heathen.