Quantcast

Andorra 2022

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My memory of riding briefly in CA at Northstar was that riding earlier in the day was way less sketch than later because of the morning dew. I remember that they literally had a sprinkler system running in the afternoon on the flow/jump trail and the tech trails got crazy loose
northstar was loose but wasn't the same moon dust as mammoth

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
(I've been listening to too many podcasts and watching too many trackwalk videos this week),
In one of the quali day videos (I think it was FullAttack), Amaury was saying that by the time Sr. men are done race-day practice, there isn't really much more traffic on the track to change it too much. There's only the women (their practice happens after junior races) and since it's just 15, it's not too bad. So they can really dial in their lines on race day. FWIW.
I take that back. Full attack did a post-race analysis and calculated that after the Jr men's runs, there could be 250 to 275 more runs on the track before Sr men, which would surely affect track conditions...

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Well, I think Gwin would have been First or Second,Verg was Perfection so I don’t know. But Finn and Bruni were not fast enough to me. Just like I thought,I was a wreck. He was so Smooth it did not look fast to me? Dak was tryin to calm him down as he was devastated. I mean,It has been a LONG Time and he could taste it. The reason to me,that Ginger stood up and cursed like a sailor when Finn beat him was that it took him off the Top 3. He was already mad at himself,his last bit of good was taken.

Man,for me that was Brutal,I knew it was not good enough. As soon as he dabbed on that corner,I felt sick. The High I was on was On! I have not felt that in a Long Time. The come down? All I could do was go to bed with a Bad Attitude. You know I have the saying,”Attitude is 90% of Life”,so that will tell ya.

What in the Hell happened with Greenland on that last Split? 62 mph,Fastest. 2nd was Danny at 60mph. That is Insane! He was Beautiful. So Fast. He came in over 2 seconds Back? I was speechless. In any case,he is Feeling Better.

Walker,Holy,he Flew at least 30 feet,I think he was completly flat? Talk about goin for a ride. Thankfully it was not full of Boulders. Is he alright?

I was mad at Greg,he played to Safe up Top and could not make up the difference.

Did Troy have a bad Crash I am not aware of?

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I still think GWIN would be FASTER back on a TREK
I agree. Do you know any details about the cluster fuck contract and the fight with John Tomac? I would Love to know any details. I tried to find info way back but to no avail?

Avy

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I take that back. Full attack did a post-race analysis and calculated that after the Jr men's runs, there could be 250 to 275 more runs on the track before Sr men, which would surely affect track conditions...
Sadly, I only discovered Full Attack recently. The guy is doing an absolutely amazing job at getting the special vibe around the french crew these days. It sucks for the people who don't understand french...they're missing out.

I laughed hard several times in the Vallnord trackwalk video:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I still think GWIN would be FASTER back on a TREK
Weirdly his recent pinkbike interview suggests he doesn't like plow bikes which is a bit weird given his riding style but then again he is not the most tech focused guy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
The TREK he dominated on was no plow bike. By todays standards it'd barely be a kids bike.
That's why I said back on a TREK. Not on a new TREK.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
The TREK he dominated on was no plow bike. By todays standards it'd barely be a kids bike.
That's why I said back on a TREK. Not on a new TREK.
I want him on a Trek because of the Single pivot and it does well with Big Hits.

Avy

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
To be fair, if there's one guy who would suit the new Trek its definitely Gwin. Only because of their history of dropped and broken chains over the past couple seasons. Gwin don't need no stinkin chain

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
To be fair, if there's one guy who would suit the new Trek its definitely Gwin. Only because of their history of dropped and broken chains over the past couple seasons. Gwin don't need no stinkin chain
Word toodles!

Avy