Quantcast

wil_e123

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
London, England
Gary, I believe you made a small typo on the pic of Peaty on the finishing straight, he came 4th not 3rd...as much as i regret to say it since I'm from the Uk...your fellow countryman GM placed 3rd.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
hey all
tough weekend for me ... but great result for the Athertons and the sport.
will be hard to top that unless they enter XC as well.
some pics:
http://www.flipper.co.za/gallery/Andorra_2008/
laters
gary
as always...outstanding photography Gary.

In a world where most of the mtb photogs hide their pics, I hope you realize what a service you do for the sport. Sharing top notch images (so quickly) does nothing but get people stoked on racing and makes them feel like they missed something great.

Kudos to you.

Last edited:

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
I'm rooting for Gee to get back into 4x and for Dan to up his DH game, let's be seeing a 1-2 in both events :D

Oh and I'm sure Rach could win at 4x as well if she decided to give it a go!
The Atherton's are a real shot in the arm for the gravity scene......and it's all just beginning.

luiz carlos

Monkey
Apr 15, 2002
Brazil-Rio de Janeiro
From CRCIntense website:
"Kovarik had another solid run just making a mistake in the bottom woods but still placing 6th just one position off the podium. The tight twisty wooded track was not really the type of track Chris shines on so this is another great result for CK. This puts Chris in 7th overall still in the title chase with all the big fast tracks to come that suit Chris' riding style and he is looking forward to the next 2 rounds Fort William and Monte St. Anne - both tracks Chris has won World Cups on in the past."

Is kovarik going to Canada?????
Good news if is true.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
From CRCIntense website:
"Kovarik had another solid run just making a mistake in the bottom woods but still placing 6th just one position off the podium. The tight twisty wooded track was not really the type of track Chris shines on so this is another great result for CK. This puts Chris in 7th overall still in the title chase with all the big fast tracks to come that suit Chris' riding style and he is looking forward to the next 2 rounds Fort William and Monte St. Anne - both tracks Chris has won World Cups on in the past."

Is kovarik going to Canada?????
Good news if is true.
Sure hope so...maybe they got it all resolved. I know CK and Nigel were still working on all the passport/visa fiascos couple months ago when nigel was here....hopefully he gets to canuckville.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Sure hope so...maybe they got it all resolved. I know CK and Nigel were still working on all the passport/visa fiascos couple months ago when nigel was here....hopefully he gets to canuckville.
I don't think there is anything he can do to get into Canada for 5 years after whatever his offense was if he has already been denied entry once. Was this something that happened at Mt Ste Anne a couple of years ago?

x

chriscarleton

Monkey
Aug 4, 2007
Portland Maine
Did anyone see this:
(from tractionmag)

"In other WC news J.D. Swanguen's bike fell off the lift and dropped about 30 feet and broke the front fork (insert Manitou joke here) he had no practice before his race run. I wonder how Jerry the mechanic felt about that?"

That's ****ed. I always have nightmares about my bike falling off the lift.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
My mate's MsIsle fell off of a lift out in France once, the red bubble in Les Gets IIRC. I think they paid up for a new bike, and it was still rideable, so not too bad :)

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
thanks folks .. fixed the Peaty error .. and added a Greg pic ...
gotta try shake this hangover now ...
laters
g
Your two shots of Delfs with trees in the foreground (and the Spagnolo similar one) and the shot with Minnaar popping of the wooden berm are all fantastic. Top level work as always and the speedy update is so appreciated.

Triple header weekends must be a pain, Victor always looks either hungry, lost or in pain on triple header weekends. Ha!

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
That's ****ed. I always have nightmares about my bike falling off the lift.
my bike fell off the old lift in vallnord and rolled down the hill, trashed forks and wheel but the frame was OK.

that was when the ski lift operator was putting the bikes on in a hurry and the lift was moving pretty fast so it was always a sketchy hold.

i didn't get a new bike and had to pay for the repairs myself, but they made it so the rider puts the bike on the lift now

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I don't think there is anything he can do to get into Canada for 5 years after whatever his offense was if he has already been denied entry once. Was this something that happened at Mt Ste Anne a couple of years ago?

x
Just got confirmation that he got his visa and can go to canadian rounds.

[un]

Chimp
Mar 18, 2002
Bernal Heights, SF
rider top bottom total
---------------------------------
Gee 103.51 51.84 155.35
Sam 103.18 52.48 155.66
Greg 105.01 51.72 156.73
Where did you find the split times? I'm curious about Fabien's time after seeing his interview on Freecaster (thanks FC.tv guys by the way). He's saying that he crashed towards the bottom and went off track having to climb back to where he quit the track... and passing the finish line with less than 4 secs off Gee.
I'm wondering if without this crash the Atherton's galore would not have happened... Not that I didn't like to see the happy face on those 3 guys (sorry Rach.)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
OK...Flippers pics make me notice all sorts of stuff.

1. When do we get those gigantice 12 foot high tents?
2. Why is the dude on the 4x podium sponsored by Suzuki...moto or auto?
3. Where can I get those rad Oakley Factory Pilot gloves on the XC rider?
4. Sam & Brendan's bikes are so light, they float after the mechanic washes them
5. Where do I get one of those AWESOME red plastic horns?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
[un];2951691 said:
Where did you find the split times? I'm curious about Fabien's time after seeing his interview on Freecaster (thanks FC.tv guys by the way). He's saying that he crashed towards the bottom and went off track having to climb back to where he quit the track... and passing the finish line with less than 4 secs off Gee.
I'm wondering if without this crash the Atherton's galore would not have happened... Not that I didn't like to see the happy face on those 3 guys (sorry Rach.)
Splits: http://www.uci.ch/ftpuci/ftpsportelectronic/ftptouci/MTB/2008/33233_RiderResult_DHI_ME.pdf

Fabien's top split would have put him third if he'd kept up that pace.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
OK...Flippers pics make me notice all sorts of stuff.

1. When do we get those gigantice 12 foot high tents?
2. Why is the dude on the 4x podium sponsored by Suzuki...moto or auto?
3. Where can I get those rad Oakley Factory Pilot gloves on the XC rider?
4. Sam & Brendan's bikes are so light, they float after the mechanic washes them
5. Where do I get one of those AWESOME red plastic horns?
Can't help you on anything but #3, Leigh just got a massive box of those gloves here...but they are all smalls ;)

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Little help please. I'm on freecaster trying to see some footy from Andorra and nothing is playing. I'm waiting a long time for each one after clicking "play" but none of them seem to want to play.

Am I SOL since I didn't watch it live or next day? Or is there a trick to getting the past events working? (ohjeez, please say it's the latter and hook a sistah up with the 411.)

Thanks in advance,
snooze n' loose