Quantcast

Andrea Ratkovic Shot At While Cycling

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
3,430
0
Charlotte, NC
What a bunch of punks. Its good to hear that she is going to be ok, and gives all cyclists some interesting retorts the next time someone cracks on your lycra.
 

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
17,412
0
SF
The story did not print where she lived, and on my internet search I could not find any other media which picked this story.
 

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
5,101
0
Sand, CA
"I asked them why they shot me, and they said they didn't know. They apologized. I told them I was going to report them to the police."

W T F
 

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
1,192
0
THE Palouse
Am I the only one confused by this story? The bullet bounced off her jersey? What were they shooting, a .22? She rode up to the car after they shot at her? They apologized to her? If the article hadn't actually said "bullet" I would have assumed the kids were shooting paintballs or something. That's odd. Anyways... effin kids.
 

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
11,007
149
The Cleft of Venus
It could have been:

DHS said:
"I asked them why they shot me, and they said they didn't know. They apologized. I told them I was going to report them to the police."
So they shot her in the head...


Not the best idea
 

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
8,933
0
Montgomery county MD
Tenchiro said:
I wonder if a glock in the jersey pocket will be the next "must have" for the urban cyclist.

Thats not really that funny. I had an older man come into the shop I used to work at (He was in his mid 60s) and as I was helping him out, we somehow got on the subject of guns. He was telling me about his concealed permit and how he always carries a gun on him when he rides. He was riding down a country road, and was attacked by some rednecks in a truck. They got out and beat him up, and he ended up in the hospital. Here is this 60+ year old man, out riding his bike minding his own business, and he gets assulted, beat up, and put in the hospital with multiple broken ribs. He was totally defenseless, and they easily could have killed him.
 

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
8,154
0
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
BigMike said:
Thats not really that funny. I had an older man come into the shop I used to work at (He was in his mid 60s) and as I was helping him out, we somehow got on the subject of guns. He was telling me about his concealed permit and how he always carries a gun on him when he rides. He was riding down a country road, and was attacked by some rednecks in a truck. They got out and beat him up, and he ended up in the hospital. Here is this 60+ year old man, out riding his bike minding his own business, and he gets assulted, beat up, and put in the hospital with multiple broken ribs. He was totally defenseless, and they easily could have killed him.
Better to Bust A Cap than have a Cap Busted on you....at least that's what I say.
 

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
2,334
0
Chatsworth
This story has infuriated me; there is nothing worse than an unprovoked attack on someone. I must admit that I probably wouldn't approach someone who just shot me, but Andrea is one tough person. I could only imagine the look on those punks' faces when she rode up to their car. At lease Andrea got all of the information she could, to ensure that these stupid punks would get caught...
 

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
612
0
OC, CA
Uhhh... this had to have been a pellet or BB gun. If this was a real gun,
1. she'd have been all over the news
2. her jersey wouldn't have deflected the bullet
3. she wouldn't have ridden up to the guys who shot her.
4. "All I heard was TAT, TAT, TAT, TAT" - she's been watching too many movies. real guns don't sound like that.
 

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
5,247
0
Brooklyn
I Are Baboon said:
She actually rode up to the car to talk to them after being shot? I would have gotten the hell out of there!
yeah i was thinking the same... ok i was just shot at.. let me go ask the shooters why they shot at me... makes good sense to me
 

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
2,334
0
Chatsworth
rooftest said:
Uhhh... this had to have been a pellet or BB gun. If this was a real gun,
1. she'd have been all over the news
2. her jersey wouldn't have deflected the bullet
3. she wouldn't have ridden up to the guys who shot her.
4. "All I heard was TAT, TAT, TAT, TAT" - she's been watching too many movies. real guns don't sound like that.
That's kind of what I was thinking. However, the article said she was shot with a "small caliber gun," which certainly leads the reader to believe that it was a real gun. Perhaps it's the media's way of making the story more interesting.
 

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
612
0
OC, CA
blt2ride said:
That's kind of what I was thinking. However, the article said she was shot with a "small caliber gun," which certainly leads the reader to believe that it was a real gun. Perhaps it's the media's way of making the story more interesting.
A pellet gun's a pretty small caliber all right...