Quantcast

Angel Fire Roll Call

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
East County via East Coast
I wish I was going! Too far from San Diego, considering that the next weekend I'll be going rafting for the first time!

Have a great time up there in AF! And I hope that your race is awesome :)

Mohshee is going, as well as my friend Kim (she races expert 30-39 and rides an orange Intense M3)...you should say hi if you see her...she's really friendly.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Thanks! Hopefully there will be a lot of really friendly people there....I'll be picking their brains for as much advice as possible :)

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
mohshee said:
Yeah -- my first DH race too! wooohooo. I am excited and a little nervous! what do you ride, wiemie, so I can say hi?
I'll be racing Sport DH. I'll be sporting the Velo Bella jersery so I shouldn't be too hard to find. I'll be riding either a silver Specialized Big Hit or a blue Diamondback Strike.

What are you riding?

Hope to see you there!

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Hey Mohshee,

I think we may have met up at Angel Fire. We rode the chairlift up together once....sorry I didn't put 2 and 2 together.

How's the knee?

TBFKAHG

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
weimie said:
Hey Mohshee,

I think we may have met up at Angel Fire. We rode the chairlift up together once....sorry I didn't put 2 and 2 together.

How's the knee?
After getting back her to Austin at 4:30 in the AM Shay I had to drop Mohshee off at campus so she could take a bunch of snivelling brats (undergrads ;) ) to the McDonald Observatory just outside of Fort Davis (an 8 - 9 hour drive ) so she's a bit indisposed at the moment so I'll answer on her behalf.
As of this morning the knee was a bit swolen and stiff. It's a knee she's gone down on a few times and seems to be a bit problematic for her. If she's still limping when she comes home Thursday night I'm sending her to the doctor. Assuming of course she'll even listen to me.
She was really more bummed than anything else. All her practice runs were clean and everyone who saw her during practice said she was looking realy fast so she was expecting/hoping to do really well in the race. She'll have 3 more races to prove herself at though so it's not the end of the world.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Hopefully she'll recover fast! That's too bad that she fell. I'm sure she would have done awesome if she hadn't. I saw her rockin' the lead spot in the MX seeding :)

TBFKAHG

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
Here's a shot of Mohshee getting in a practice gate during the free Mountain Cross Clinic Friday afternoon.
All my photos from Day 1 can be found in our photo album (www.wickedchickenz.com) and day 2 and 3 photos are currently being resized/uploaded (about 500 or so to go).

Most of them don't have captions and there are probably some that need to be rotated and others that probably need to be removed completely and perhaps one day I'll get to that.

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
weimie said:
Hey Mohshee,

How's the knee?
Yeah, I thought when we rode the chairlift up that it might be you, but I wasn't sure. Congrats on your run though! You did awesome!!!

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
the knee is better, thanks. The swelling subsided a bit. I think I was mostly dissapointed, b/c I loved the course sooo much and really wanted to ride it clean (or cleaner then I did, at least!). Oh well. I still had an awesome time and met a couple of really cool girls! I was really suprised that there were sooo many women racing in the sport DH -- like 13 total! 4x was fun, but really scared the sh*! out of me the first couple of times down it. I ultimately decided to ride the DH bike for that rather then the P3.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
Glad the knee is feeling better! Hope to see you at some more MSC races this year.

Here's me being a whimp and rolling the road gap.

TBFKAHG

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
weimie said:
Your so awesome for taking pictures of the Sport Women! No one ever takes pics of us!
Any time. That's pretty much the main reason I hiked up the hill.