Quantcast

Angleset: Can I use an angled bottom cup with an angled top cup?

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
I'm so fast that I need a 40 degree head angle. Will this work? The angled cups seem to be a bit shallower, but structurally that seems to be the only difference. Is the gimble as free to rotate in the angled cup?

PS. This thread shall not be about how sucky the angleset is. Mine works fine. Suck it! :D

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
I have runned the -1 and -1.5 cups for most of the season with no prob. It maybe wears the bearings a bit fasters as mine have become a little loose, not much but its noticeable. Compared to how long my others bikes headsets that is.

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
It's for real. I'm on an uzzi and on the -1.5 cup now, but I like the bike in the shortest chainstay g3 position and the 7.5" travel position. Unfortunately these geo adjustments also make the bike a lot steeper, 67-67.5 without the -1.5 cup i think. Also has a 14+ BB.

And just eyeballing it, the bike would look just right if it was a little slacker!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Yes, some people have done it with success though I have not tried it. It should work, and others have had success with it in practice, YMMV and of course if you die it's your own fault.

In theory you could go -3* with two -1.5* cups...