Quantcast

Angry’s Big Number Two

jumpr

Chimp
Apr 1, 2011
It is so good following this journey from the other side of the world, and great to see you have overcome the challenges that the trail and your body have thrown at you! Well done on ticking over 1,000! I've been wondering how you get on with navigation along the trail - is it fairly well marked, or are there locations where you need to navigate with a phone/GPS?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
It is so good following this journey from the other side of the world, and great to see you have overcome the challenges that the trail and your body have thrown at you! Well done on ticking over 1,000! I've been wondering how you get on with navigation along the trail - is it fairly well marked, or are there locations where you need to navigate with a phone/GPS?
Thanks.

Navigation is taken care of by the use of two apps on my phone and white blazes painted on trees and rocks. FarOut is my primary app. It has list view, map view, elevation profile and has GPS tracking which comes in handy when you’ve been hiking for a while and haven’t seen a white blaze. Lately the comments that we leave for each other have been crucial to finding reliable water sources. The other one is the AWOL guide which also has a lot of information. For me, someone with a hopelessly poor sense of direction, it’s easier to navigate the trail than the towns I stop in for resupply.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Day 95 7/20 0 miles

Zero in Waynesboro, PA

Spent the day running around getting town chores done with the intention of getting back on trail the following morning. Got a text later that afternoon from Honey Badger that her and Dory were going to get back on trail where I got off, but a day later. So I decided to take another zero to wait for them. And to be honest I was a bit tired and could use more rest.

IMG_4944.jpeg

IMG_4945.jpeg

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Day 96 7/21 0 miles

Another zero in Waynesboro, PA

Slept until 7:30, the latest in a long time. Went to a restaurant for breakfast. Mmm bacon. Lunch was a muffin, some yogurt in the hotel followed by a slice of pizza with a fruit punch Jarritos. Stopped at another place for a scoop of strawberry ice cream in a waffle cone. So good.