Quantcast

Animal cruelty

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

Man Forced to Wear Sign for Animal Cruelty
Jul 22, 8:26 PM (ET)
HOPWOOD, Pa. (AP) - A western Pennsylvania man said he endured more than he expected when he agreed to an unusual sentence for an animal cruelty conviction.
Ulysses Zimmerman, 22, of Point Marion, pleaded guilty to animal cruelty for allegedly neglecting his dog, denying it veterinary care and strangling the animal.
But Zimmerman didn't pay a fine or spend time in jail. Instead, he stood at a busy intersection in South Union Township Thursday, wearing a sign that read, "I Plead Guilty ... Animal Cruelty is a Crime ... My Dog's Name WAS Salt and Pepper."
Zimmerman was supposed to stand at the intersection for eight hours, but Robin Moore, the Fayette County Humane officer who devised the sentence, allowed Zimmerman to leave early because of all the abuse passing motorists hurled at him.
"Everybody started screaming at me and cussing me. I got there at 9:30 a.m., but Robin said at noon that she'd heard enough and that I could leave," Zimmerman said.
Zimmerman denies he intentionally hurt his pet.

Interesting punishment.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
firetoole said:
I bet it was a penutbutter/gravy mishap gone horribly wrong
Dang it... now I have to clean coffee off of my keyboard and monitor. Funny.

That dude should have to endure the same torture he put the dog through.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Ciaran said:
Dang it... now I have to clean coffee off of my keyboard and monitor. Funny.

That dude should have to endure the same torture he put the dog through.

He should have his junk A-1 saused and be hand cuffed, naked, in the fetal position, in a large cage in at the pound.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Definitely should have made him stay all day.

Then again, he's an animal. The Humane Officer probably got confused and was trying to stamp out more animal cruelty. :think:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dh girlie said:
what a pussy...he can strangle his dog but cannot endure 8 hours of people hurling verbal insults...whatever...prick.
Working for the city, you must get 8 a day, 5 days a week...

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
dh girlie said:
Oh dude...totally...and I'm SO nice to animals...my cat rules the roost at home...gets to stay indoors on hot days with the AC on...hogs a california king bed...SPOILED...

On the subject of animals rulling the roost. I let our german shepard out in the back yard to run around for a few minutes this morning. She comes back the the door and leads me to the side yard to show me the gate is open. Smart dog.