Quantcast

Animal free meat

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Id have no problems eating that as long as it tastes good.
I wonder how vegetarians will respond to this...
From the article;

The animal rights group PETA has thrown its support behind the lab-meat initiative.

"As long as there's anybody who's willing to kill a chicken, a cow or a pig to make their meal, we are all for this," said Ingrid Newkirk, PETA's president and co-founder. "Instead of the millions and billions (of animals) being slaughtered now, we could just clone a few cells to make burgers or chops," she said.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
With this news combined with the news that they are talking about trying to clone a woolly mammoth from DNA preserved from fossils.

Eating extinct animals will be the new fad.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Eating extinct animals will be the new fad.
Insects are on track to be the next Eastern cuisine to be adopted by the West similar to sushi becoming popular here over the past few decades (currently only foodies right now). With 10 lbs of grain you can grow 9 lbs of insect, 4 lbs of poultry, or 1 lbs of beef - trophic levels.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Insects are on track to be the next Eastern cuisine to be adopted by the West similar to sushi becoming popular here over the past few decades (currently only foodies right now).
Let's face it... shrimp and crawdads are really just water-livin' insects. And we love those...

Still having a bit of trouble with the tomato worms, though. :bad:

Last edited:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Still having a bit of trouble with the tomato worms, though. :bad:
Wood grubs are the best tasting bugs I've had. Crickets are more like texture that happens to be high in protein - the same with mealworms. Live ants have a citrus taste from their defensive acid as you eat them. I had grasshopper once but only remember they turned red when you cook them like lobsters/crab.

Ants, bees, and termites have extremely clean habits compared to almost any animal and most insects general rate above popular seafood bottom feeders/filter feeders.

Never had them, but you can eat cicadas and stinkbugs.

Last edited: