Quantcast

Animal Hamilton pedals for dh??

mugs4pres

Chimp
Jul 8, 2007
hey i was wondering if anyone used these as dh pedals? i have had them on my street bike and bmx and love them but dont know how they would be on rough terrain?

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Pedals are pedals.
It really boils down to preference.
If it can stand up to BMX grinding, I'm sure tagging a few rocks is no big deal.
If you like 'em, throw 'em on and go ride.

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
Ralph hooked up my old shop team with a bunch of them, i ran a pair for a season on a sunday with too soft a spring, at Diablo (rocky), they held up, didnt rip any pins out, great concave average thickness for a tough ass hell pedal, the bushing developed a bit of play after lots of mud and no regreasing (not atomlab type looseness mind you), but still spun well, gave them to my friends girlfriend she is still running them... do it, plus it will give you amazing Steve Hamilton powers

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
I've run several hamilton pedals the last few years on my 20", DS bike, XC bike, road bike, DH bike. They're awesome when it's dry because they are so tough and they've got good feel for moving your feet around.

But the knurling packs with mud and they're too small and thick for a good DH pedal. DH pedal = not moving your feet around too much.

mugs4pres

Chimp
Jul 8, 2007
Ralph hooked up my old shop team with a bunch of them, i ran a pair for a season on a sunday with too soft a spring, at Diablo (rocky), they held up, didnt rip any pins out, great concave average thickness for a tough ass hell pedal, the bushing developed a bit of play after lots of mud and no regreasing (not atomlab type looseness mind you), but still spun well, gave them to my friends girlfriend she is still running them... do it, plus it will give you amazing Steve Hamilton powers
word man, i have a sunday too and i am doing the open in a few weeks. i got those specialized pedals on it now and they arn't the greatest. but that helps me out. thanks

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
But the knurling packs with mud and they're too small and thick for a good DH pedal. DH pedal = not moving your feet around too much.
Definitely not a good choice for mud. They pack up and have short pins.

mugs4pres

Chimp
Jul 8, 2007
so this may be a total noob question but does it really make a difference between sealed and not sealed?