Quantcast

Animal Hamiltons?

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I've been riding a pair of snafu's for a while but they have taken a pretty good beating and I've been thinking of getting a new pair of pedals. I would have just bought another pair of snafu's but they have changed them and have a way smaller pin count than the ones I have. So anyways I was wondering if anybody is riding animal hamiltons and has anything to say about them. I had bought a pair of tioga mx pros but am not a fan of how long the pins are and I think I will rip them out too easily as I am pretty rough on pins I'd say. Any other suggestions of a similar type of pedal that has replaceable pins are also welcome.

The snafu's I am riding now

The animal hamiltons

sb317

Monkey
Sep 6, 2005
North Carolina
I've been riding Hamiltons for about 5 months or so and I have no complaints. I got the unsealed and they are starting to pop a little but it doesn't bother me too much. They come with the smaller pins installed buy they also come with a bag of replacement pins with a few longer ones in there. They're good pedals.

MC peepants

Monkey
Sep 20, 2006
i just bought some white Animal pedals last night and took them to some ramps in my area, they grip well, look good, are light and very inexpensive. do it do it do it.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
don't blame your problems on me ;)

speaking of pedals though, I pulled out a set of old profile gas pedals I had stowed back a long time ago and mounted them on my s/s mtb. I was impressed at how well they gripped. They are aweful nice to shred up pedal grinding though...

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I had a pair of unsealed Hamilton's for a while. I liked them, but they only lasted about 3 months until they started making crazy noises. I'm rockin the Drive Pro Sealed right now. They are extremely light, look rad, and have tons o grip. I also like how the pedal cage is on the outside, not the end cap/bolt... seems like that piece always gets scratched to hell on most pedals.