Quantcast

Another ‘Wrong Side Of Dawn’ GMT

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
So at my office we have handwritten notes, landline and cell phones, email, text, Teams, various internal systems messaging apps, morse code, smoke signals and sign language. But the idiots come to me and ask if I can tell so and so this. I am by far the least reliable relay of communications. I am a walking Etch A Sketch. I'm worse than Teams. They know this. They ask anyway.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Fack I'm tired. The past two nights I haven't taken anything to help me sleep and its been horrendous.

Anyways, at work. Coffee'ing it now etc

If I'm not zombied out at 5pm, I might try to go for a ride. But given how was already above freezing at 7am, the conditions are going to be pretty shitty.

Rode the fat bike down a steep black ski hill last night. All that fake granular snow made it quite the puckering experience, 7/10 would not bang again.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Oi! :wave:

5.5 hours of meetings today, which I've been told I should be mentally present and not multitasking for. I can barely pay attention for 5 minutes if I'm not actively involved, nevermind that level of time commitment.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
slept great. didn't get up to ride in the morning though. RIP (rested in peace, lol)

Got some fucking birds trying to get in my house though. They pecked a hole in the siding, I boarded it up. Then again, and finally again. Gonna have to call a pro I think

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
slept great. didn't get up to ride in the morning though. RIP (rested in peace, lol)

Got some fucking birds trying to get in my house though. They pecked a hole in the siding, I boarded it up. Then again, and finally again. Gonna have to call a pro I think
toshi knows a guy ....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Woodpeckers? You got carpenter bee issues? Cause they usually peck holes in the house when they're after bug larvae.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Woodpeckers? You got carpenter bee issues? Cause they usually peck holes in the house when they're after bug larvae.
I don't know, I don't think so. We have some rotten windowsill issues in the area, but it looks like they've simply made a nest. I figured they'd be gone for the winter, but I wonder if they're living inside that part of the house and are trying to get in/out. Once the hole is exposed, I don't typically get more pecking.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Has anyone tried to find a new family doctor in the last few years?

If yeah, how did you choose one? I'm looking at google reviews of some of these offices and sheesh, what a bad picture most of them have. Though, I guess doctor offices aren't something that are reviewed on the regular on google? And I'm sure the majority that do leave a rating are the ones with a bad experience, mean while the rest of the patients just continue on with life and don't leave one.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I don't know, I don't think so. We have some rotten windowsill issues in the area, but it looks like they've simply made a nest. I figured they'd be gone for the winter, but I wonder if they're living inside that part of the house and are trying to get in/out. Once the hole is exposed, I don't typically get more pecking.
Gotcha. If you see circular holes in the wood, it's a good indication it's carpenter bees. Once the wood gets soft they like to bore in and make a home. I saw a woodpecker going at our rake boards one day and watched it pull out a bee larvae.

Otherwise, get those sills addressed. That'll fuck things up pretty good underneath once water starts getting in.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Hey, fokkers!
just got up to pee. Now you are all informed, and can stop panicking.
Does French Toast taste different at 4:00 AM?
Research is required.
french toast is nothing without syrup.

depends on your syrup.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So at my office we have handwritten notes, landline and cell phones, email, text, Teams, various internal systems messaging apps, morse code, smoke signals and sign language. But the idiots come to me and ask if I can tell so and so this. I am by far the least reliable relay of communications. I am a walking Etch A Sketch. I'm worse than Teams. They know this. They ask anyway.
ask them this.....how bad do you want a raise/bonus....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Crossing fingers that they're clean birds, not like those filthy swallow bug laden ones @Toshi let in his house.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Has anyone tried to find a new family doctor in the last few years?

If yeah, how did you choose one? I'm looking at google reviews of some of these offices and sheesh, what a bad picture most of them have. Though, I guess doctor offices aren't something that are reviewed on the regular on google? And I'm sure the majority that do leave a rating are the ones with a bad experience, mean while the rest of the patients just continue on with life and don't leave one.
When I needed a new dentist I asked an older neighbor of mine at work who he used and if he liked them. Worked out quite well. So I’d suggest doing the same, but ask someone local who is reasonably healthy.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My apologies to everyone for the poor sleeping, but I am here to bring a little more balance, as I had a good night of sleep, made better by the wife doing something rare and shutting off the alarm and sleeping in. Then I used the first hour of this WFH day to go for a 7.4 mile run. Got a bike workout later, during which I can finish watching Across the Spider-Verse.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
My apologies to everyone for the poor sleeping, but I am here to bring a little more balance, as I had a good night of sleep, made better by the wife doing something rare and shutting off the alarm and sleeping in. Then I used the first hour of this WFH day to go for a 7.4 mile run. Got a bike workout later, during which I can finish watching Across the Spider-Verse.
Save some fitness for the rest of us

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So, lately I put the eggs, a banana, 1/2 and 1/2, a little vanilla, and a teeny, teeny pinch of salt into a bullet blender.
It is so, so good.
pure maple syrup and kerrygold butter.
that's a weird milkshake but you do you

/me is in house. CTs, MRs, and liver metastases are the name of the game today