Quantcast

Another bling M6

X777

Chimp
Aug 17, 2007
That polished finish looks really cool, makes me wonder how much that fella had to pay for it... ???

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
its pretty sweet alright. Chainreaction bought out Hotlines Uk who are the Uk hayes/manitou distributors. Hence the dorados. He's not one of the owners of CRC but one of the top dogs in there product manager r something like that.

10cannon

Chimp
Aug 31, 2008
living out of my car
in my opinion, that ride is perfect.... except for the mallets. I had a bad experience with mallets last year and since then, I can't say I'm a fan of them.

But I AM still a fan of crankbros!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I swapped bikes with a mate on an M6 for a few runs over summer here.
I couldn't wait to hand it back and he didn't want to.
His M6 is now up for sale.

Just sayin.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
I swapped bikes with a mate on an M6 for a few runs over summer here.
I couldn't wait to hand it back and he didn't want to.
His M6 is now up for sale.

Just sayin.
yeah really, he now saves money for 303:biggrin:

By the way, as i know that you ride a 303, does the rail need a lot of maintenance?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
By the way, as i know that you ride a 303, does the rail need a lot of maintenance?
As this is the M6's thread, I'll keep it brief:

The rail system does require a little bit more maintenance than other bike's suspension systems. However, all it entails is squeezing a bit of grease into the ports, wiping them down and that's about it. Once in a while I take them apart to fully clean them down (also not difficult). I live in an area where I ride hard every day with numerous chairlifts and in such variable conditions. Good testing ground for the 303.

PM me if you want any further info.

For what it's worth, the M6 is one sexy bike. I sincerely hope Manitou have ironed out the wrinkles and have finally produced an awesome performing fork to match it's looks.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
I lent my Balfa BB7 to a mate with an M3(same weight as me), and he said it was better than his(I think so)but it could all just be set up,wrong weight springs,damping etc etc.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I liked the M6, no doubts there, but yes, I prefered my bike.

I'm still not saying one is better than the other here, just that they are different (surprise).

I know the M6 is a hugely capable bike. I'd love to get some long term ride time on them, it is an awesome bike.