Quantcast

Another broken frame...

iljicS

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Budapest, HU
I bought a '02 RM7 DH frame from Pinkbike a few mounths ago, and it was broken. Of course I didn't know it, before I paid for it. I got the frame, post my story here and re-welded the frame but I was still looking for an inmaculate RM7. 2 weeks ago I found one '02 RM7 FR on Pinkbike -again- and the guy confirmed me twice, there isn't any wrong with the frame, only 3 feet drops, nothing serious. We made a deal I paid $600 + shipping. I asked EMS shipping, the guy sent it via standard air mail with $600 value -I asked $50- so I paid a lot of taxes too. Yesterday I built the bike and noticed that, there is some strange noise around the shock. I dissamble the frame and saw this, its another broken RM7 for full price from Pinkebike !!!!! :angry:

I e-maild the seller and ask some refund, I'll post his answer if he will answer anything. His info is:
Micheal Stanley
Monoment, CO
sullivanstanley@aol.com
phone #: (719)310-1819

I'll post a photo later too.

AA_Freeze

Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
Ferndale,Wa
Yo Kris, I told you to stay away from those RM-7s :mumble:
Thats too bad bro, hopefully the seller takes care of you. Let me know if I can help. :thumb:

iljicS

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Budapest, HU
I live very far from US, so I've absolutely no idea where is this town. Michael replied my e-mail and said, he didn't know about the crack and the frame was in excellent condition. Its true, it looks like (but only looks) really nice, thats the reason why I didn't notice the crack in the first time. I got the frame on Monday, but I built it up only on Friday, because I waited for the fork, after this I heard the noise and explore the crack. Michael's idea: send the front triangle back to Rocky and they will repair it for free and he'll pay the shipping cost.
I answered this: I haven't any warranty to not to lose the front triangle somewhere and I'm sure Rocky won't repair it, only replace for some $.
the package was insured so the seller will ask USPS about this.
Anyway, I'm sure the frame was broken before I got it, I used it only 1 day "testride" !