Quantcast

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
f burning man. i like showers and toilets.
"oooh, i get to be different... when i'm way out in the desert and nobody is watching... then i go back to the real world and try to blend in."
asshats.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
they should really change the name from Black Rock City to Dust City.

i went twice. the most remarkable aspect of the entire event for me is how that dry lakebed dust gets into EVERYTHING.

yes there are plenty of drugged out dance zombie/hippies. and raging boozebags. freaks, nudists, artists, annoying douchebags, etc at the event.

some fairly impressive art shows up too. and the sunrises are often pretty spectacular.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
f burning man. i like showers and toilets.
"oooh, i get to be different... when i'm way out in the desert and nobody is watching... then i go back to the real world and try to blend in."
asshats.
yeah, your opinion matters.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
they should really change the name from Black Rock City to Dust City.

i went twice. the most remarkable aspect of the entire event for me is how that dry lakebed dust gets into EVERYTHING.

yes there are plenty of drugged out dance zombie/hippies. and raging boozebags. freaks, nudists, artists, annoying douchebags, etc at the event.

some fairly impressive art shows up too. and the sunrises are often pretty spectacular.
I think it would be cool to experience all the art & craziness first hand despite my severe anti-social-ness & general loathing for the people you just described (nudists are OK for the most part).

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
America needs a little craziness it become so uptight. Just like the fear of nudity. If you don't like it look the other way. Plus I have yet to see any negative effect of the constant bombardment of nakedness I grew up with on the beaches of Europe.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
America needs a little craziness it become so uptight. Just like the fear of nudity. If you don't like it look the other way. Plus I have yet to see any negative effect of the constant bombardment of nakedness I grew up with on the beaches of Europe.
Don't get me started. :rant:

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
dude, tripping yr balls off while covered in pumice, in 100 deg heat rules!
it's not really pumice. it's all the dead fish, fish crap, salts and other stuff that drifted to the bottom of the lake when it was a lake. it's pretty alkaline too. So when it mixes with water (ie. sweat) it slowly eats away at your skin. so the dirty hippies who don't take a single shower while they are at Burning Man tend to have some angry red areas on their skin where the playa is eating them....

the playa is not really a benign environment. dust storms, temps that alternate between 100+ and 40s in a 24 hour time period. gangs of ravers, hippies and undercover cops trying to make drug busts.