Quantcast

Another car thread: Range Rover Sport???

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
a friend of mine has one, but no license, so i get to drive it for him all the time. A very awesome car, super comfy. Stylish to say the least. Get one, be envied.

brenth

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Santa Monica
mcA896 said:
a friend of mine has one, but no license, so i get to drive it for him all the time. A very awesome car, super comfy. Stylish to say the least. Get one, be envied.
:eek: your freind has one, but no license? That really freaks me out...

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
mcA896 said:
or a drug dealer...

neanderthal

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
Pittsburgh
I'm not aware of Land Rovers reputation in recent years, but
they weren't exactly a benchmark for reliablitity. Hopefully
the newer models are better.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
my roomate has a 04 disco and its always in the shop for something. leaking oil, new radiator, blown this, electrical problems, lights coming on. and this isnt uncommon. does look sick tho

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
I went and drove a RR Sport today at the dealership i bought my DiscoII from. It is a sweet ride for sure, but its sad to see LR moving away from their roots. The ride is cushy, its very quiet inside both ride and wind noise wise, no drafts on the inside, the interior is like a BMW both design and electronics wise, and it actually handles the road sort of like a sports sedan. This is a far cry from my disco which is a kidney jarring, drafty, extremely noisy, and clapped out truck like interior beast that handles like a top heavy tractor. The RR Sport does look nice, but its just not a true rover. If only I had about $100,000 to blow then I could buy one and do a crazy long travel IFS/IRS suspension kit with coilovers and pull all of the electric crap out of it. Maybe i'll do this when I can pick a diesel one up for about $10000 in 8 years :thumb:

What made the whole test drive worth it was seeing the look on the salesman's face when I went over a massive speedbump at about 35 without even hesitating, he just about **** himself when the suspension bottomed out at all 4 corners on his brand new $65,000 truck :p he then asked me if i drive mine like that, maybe he should have looked at the coat of mud on mine before so eagerly offering me a test drive :D