Quantcast

Another cool picture I took: Time and money

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
^second the econ thing

I like it. I wonder how it would look if the face had no hands, or hands that had fallen off but were still inside the watch.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
blue said:
Eh.

Would look good as an illustration in an Economics textbook. Too staged, my son.

uhhh still life is supposed to look staged........where ya gonna get an action pic of some watches and coins?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Cool concept. A little too much dead space for me... The coins and money and watch could have interesting textures but we're too far away to see them.

And when you're working with essentially monochrome pictures that have no color to pop, you have to sell the textures.

IMO, of course. But a nice photo nonetheless.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
biggins said:
uhhh still life is supposed to look staged........where ya gonna get an action pic of some watches and coins?
I think he meant that he would prefer them positioned in a more natural looking way, as if that is the way they were placed on a desk before going to sleep. It doesnt have to be an action pic to not looked staged.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I wasnt too sure on this shot to begin with, I thought it was missing something. I really dont know what I could add to it though.

Also, even if the shot was not set up with care, I probably could have dropped the coins on the counter and no one would notice the difference. I actually did set it up pretty quickly.

Lastly, I am trying to keep it simple, so that's why there is a bit of black.