Quantcast

another damn good reason to cycle hard

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Here’s more evidence that regular exercise really is the best medicine: avid cyclists as old as 79 had healthy muscle and immune function as good as people 30 years younger who did not exercise.

British researchers tested the muscles and immune systems of a group of middle-aged and elderly cyclists and compared them to younger people who do not exercise regularly.

The cyclists were healthier, both in terms of their muscles and their immune systems, than middle-aged couch potatoes. That's no surprise.

But they also looked as healthy, biologically, as a group of people aged 20 to 36 who did not exercise, the team reported in the journal Aging Cell.

By some measures, their bodies had not aged at all.

“It really tells us that staying physically active all of your adult life can prevent much of what we think of as aging, including immune aging,” said Janet Lord, who directs the Institute of Inflammation and Ageing at the University of Birmingham.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/exercise-keeps-your-body-looking-young-study-finds-n854846

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i like bikes....do not ride often.....i'm still sick less than you.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Exercise is good for you? Better for you than not exercising at all?

My God - this changes EVERYTHING...

:D
Have you even been to a Wal-Mart in Oklahoma recently?

I'm convinced we are trying to engineer hybrid humans that weigh 300lbs and consume mass quantities of lard.