Quantcast

Another Downed Biker in TX

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
sharing this story for prayers...

:( :( :( what is up with TX??? seems it's happening a lot there.

I have a friend who is a close friend of Paul Jerde and his family. Today at noon, they would like everyone to pray for his recovery. He was hit by a small pick-up in Dallas while riding his bike home from work. I see where people are signing the petition which is awesome. Now we need a lot of prayers for his recovery! Below is the text from his family's blog.

Thanks DORBA!

Tomorrow (June 19) at NOON, we are asking everyone to please say a prayer for Paul, specifically for healing the trauma to his brain and for him to wake up. We are hoping for power in numbers, so please send this message to anyone who knows Paul or his family or who might like to help. We feel strongly that your prayers are helping and we appreciate all of your support and help.

Thank you,
The Jerde and Hatfield families
Posted by getwellsoon! at 10:00 PM 14 comments

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
focus people...prayers/well wishes
I don't think that posting well-wishes or prayers on an internet forum that this guy doesn't even participate in, is going to have much of a positive effect on his condition. I mean, I get the sentiment and all, but logically speaking...there's really no point in typing it if thinking it or "praying" it would have the same effect.
Therefore, this thread is pretty much good for nothing except the usual insults.
Hope you understand?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
On the contrary. If your healing prayers don't work, it means he doesn't want to listen to you....

Hope he gets better. That could be any of us... then again, most of us aren't in Texas.

Then maybe God should have gotten off his ass and intervened before the car hit him?

(Hardly seems fair that God would let a third party die because he doesn't like me. He seems like a bit of a dickhole, doesn't he?)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Well put.

I don't think that posting well-wishes or prayers on an internet forum that this guy doesn't even participate in, is going to have much of a positive effect on his condition. I mean, I get the sentiment and all, but logically speaking...there's really no point in typing it if thinking it or "praying" it would have the same effect.
Therefore, this thread is pretty much good for nothing except the usual insults.
Hope you understand?

....& for the TX haters (myself included) this happens in every state.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I hope the rider does recover and his family is able to deal with it. Like someone else said, " that could be any of us."

Bitingback was only trying to do something positive and a bunch of you guys dumped on her and the thread subject. Pull your heads out of your asses and either say something positive or don't say anything at all.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I don't think that posting well-wishes or prayers on an internet forum that Tsunami Victims don't even participate in, is going to have much of a positive effect on their condition. I mean, I get the sentiment and all, but logically speaking...there's really no point in typing it if thinking it or "praying" it would have the same effect.
Hope you understand?

fixed for ya bro..

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
as far as i see it...there are lots of monkeys in TX...anyone of them could be connected some how some way.

on a broader scale...i'd think ALL mountain bikers would want to remain vigilant in the fight against this sorta sh*t...with one of those ways showing compassion and respect for those that are affected albeit on a forum where JUST perhaps a family member could come to read it and feel a little comfort and support when all they are feeling is pain.

and i for one don't doubt prayer...and i definitely believe in positive energy.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I hope the rider does recover and his family is able to deal with it. Like someone else said, " that could be any of us."

Bitingback was only trying to do something positive and a bunch of you guys dumped on her and the thread subject. Pull your heads out of your asses and either say something positive or don't say anything at all.
Don't get pissy at me because God ran the guy over...