Quantcast

Another: Fork Selection

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
motomike said:
You're right Mike, I do tend to change my mind quite often. The more I ride my Dirt Jumper 3, which has only air preload, the more I find that adjustments are often overrated, especially on a jump/urban bike. I never play with the adjustments on my Gemini, which has tons, and occasionally play around with the rebound damping a little bit, since the Gemini does see much varying terrain, but that's about it.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
WKC said:
I find that adjustments are often overrated, especially on a jump/urban bike. I never play with the adjustments on my Gemini, which has tonsQUOTE]

you should...

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
WKC said:
No, you don't understand. I have the bike tuned for my current riding style. Should that change due to myself or terrain then I will play with the adjustments.
I don't mess w/ the blowoff adjustment much, but I do vary the travel and compression damping when switching from dj to trail mode. Love the fork. Changed the oil and spring in it, both of which were no more difficult than any other brand fork I've owned.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
WKC said:
No, you don't understand. I have the bike tuned for my current riding style. Should that change due to myself or terrain then I will play with the adjustments.
u said u only play w/ rebound...that dosnt really cut it as far as adjustments per terrain go..

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
wydopen said:
u said u only play w/ rebound...that dosnt really cut it as far as adjustments per terrain go..
Can you read?

I said that I occasionally play with the rebound. The setup I have right now works perfectly for everything I ride it on around here. If I go ride downhill in the mountains or Snowshoe or something like that, then I toy with all the adjustments, but I rarely do that anyway. You don't ALWAYS have to be adjusting your suspension dude, occasionally you can ride your bike without having to mess with it.