Quantcast

Another ghey I painted my helmet thread

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Actually, a friend did it for me because I can't draw or paint worth sh*t. I'm pretty happy with it, I pretty much just told her what colors I wanted and let her run with it.

Apr 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, it looks like a$$ to me.

Something about it reminds me of crayons and my little nephew.

With that said, better than anything I could have done, just being honest.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Sorry, it looks like a$$ to me.

Something about it reminds me of crayons and my little nephew.

With that said, better than anything I could have done, just being honest.
Fair enough. Dylan Dean it's not, but the poor lighting I took the pics in isn't doing it any favors either. It looks better in person for sure.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Is it just regular spray paint?
I started it by sanding the whole helmet, and then coating it with a plastic primer. Two coats of that. Then two coats of the green, in regular spray paint. The black is a combination of spray paint, normal brushed on paint, and sharpie. The gold is paint pen. I then did 4 thin coats of clear spray over the whole thing.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Nice work. I must admit, as soon as I saw the name I thought of this (I know they spelling is actually different, but still):

:****: :sarcastic:

People insist on pronouncing my name like that all the time, even though it's entirely phonetic.

Last edited:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
^^LMFAO^^ "Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaatuuurrrrrrrrrrrrre! Goulet!"

As for the helmet, totally badass. The fact that it has fire-breathing dragons eating each other and what appears to be a UFO attacking a dripping beaver skull makes it the least ghey custom-painted helmet in history.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
^^LMFAO^^ "Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaatuuurrrrrrrrrrrrre! Goulet!"

As for the helmet, totally badass. The fact that it has fire-breathing dragons eating each other and what appears to be a UFO attacking a dripping beaver skull makes it the least ghey custom-painted helmet in history.
It's actually fire breathing dragons eating each other, and the "UFO" is where one of them clawed a hole through the background so you can see inside, where there's a bunch of gears and wires and machinery and stuff, and the skull off to the side. The other side has my last name on that banner, with a couple of snakes all tangled up on each other, with a dragon skeleton.