Quantcast

Another GT DHI question.. chain guide??

boostin

Chimp
Oct 1, 2009
Calgray, AB, Canada
Hey guys,

Any 1st generation GT DHI veterns, I am wondering what you guys know about alternate chainguides for the gt dhi i drive.

I have seen some pics of e thirteen chain guides on them but I was curiouse of which model and how it was set up.

Any help appreciated

Mike

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Both the MRP model that came stock on the first gen bike and the e13 guide that we specced later (2005?) were highly specialized and fit ONLY the DHi. I'd suggest getting in touch with e13 or MRP directly about buying one. If either co has one left over, be prepared to pay a load for it - they were really expensive to mfr.

--JP

boostin

Chimp
Oct 1, 2009
Calgray, AB, Canada
hey, thanks for the response.... I actually have the mrp one, i was just wondering if some one had maybe a little more modern lighter set up that o could run a 32 or 34t chainring preferably

I did not realise the E13 one was a specifice DHI chainguide

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
I'm not even sure if the guide we made in '05ish would fit on an older frame - my guess is that it would not. If I recall correctly, a friend of mine had an ~01 DHi and totaled his guide. MRP's quote for a new one was $250+.

--JP

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I'll dig around in the back before I leave today to see if we have any of those old ones left. I haven't seen it, but doesn't mean it's not squirreled away somewhere.

-ska todd

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
I made one for my old ruckus. A simple double-bash setup will work just fine. Or something mounted to the BB cup if you're careful on how you set the roller angles.