Quantcast

Another Iron Horse Sunday Thread

smithyM1

Chimp
Sep 21, 2005
Right,im thinking of buying a sunday frame kit when it becomes available in about a months time,ive heard there are quite alot of differences between the Team and world cup versions,can anyone shed some light on this??ive been told the world cup frame is a built with a much higher quality tubeset etc etc.Ive had a wee look through old threads etc to no avail and i know some of you guys are closely linked with iron horse.

cheers in advance!

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
smithyM1 said:
Right,im thinking of buying a sunday frame kit when it becomes available in about a months time,ive heard there are quite alot of differences between the Team and world cup versions,can anyone shed some light on this??ive been told the world cup frame is a built with a much higher quality tubeset etc etc.Ive had a wee look through old threads etc to no avail and i know some of you guys are closely linked with iron horse.

cheers in advance!
The team and the World Cup are totally identical other than color. Both frames use 6061 alloy and triple butted tubing. The Factory frame uses 6069 tubing with a different toptube butting profile, down tube butting profile, and chanistay alloy. It is slightly lighter weight, and built in the USA. For 06 the Sundays come with a DHX shock.

hope this helps!

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
I dont know for sure but I thikn the 2005.5 sunday has a new lower linkage so if you want to upgrade to a DHX you can.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
klunky said:
Mr Weagle what is the chain stay alloy? and why is it different?

klunky
It is 6061 on the Team and WorldCup, 6069 on the Factory.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
smithyM1 said:
cheers mate!

its a 2005 model that ill be getting,does that make a difference?
Nope, frames are the same for 05 and 06! All the 06 link parts are interchangeable.

Cooper

Chimp
May 18, 2005
Sydney, OZ
CBJ said:
Team will be with a progressive and some of the US frames will ship with Progressive that is the information I have gotten this week from IH.

Hmm i was also under the impression that the Suday ream shipped with a progessive 5th 3 way.
Not so?

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I'll set it all straight right here...

Sunday Factory (frame)
origin = USA
colors = blue, black, yellow, white, red, ano black
shocks = Progressive 5th 5-way coil, Fox DHX 5.0 coil (avail after New Years)

Sunday World Cup (complete)
origin = Taiwan
color = Monster Green
shock = Fox DHX 5.0 coil

Sunday Elite (complete)
origin = Taiwan
color = metallic dark grey
shock = Fox DHX 5.0 coil

Sunday Team (complete)
origin = Taiwan
color = sand black
shock = Progressive 5th 3-way coil

-ska todd

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
ska todd said:
I'll set it all straight right here...

Sunday World Cup (complete)
origin = Taiwan
color = Monster Green
shock = Fox DHX 5.0 coil

Sunday Elite (complete)
origin = Taiwan
color = metallic dark grey
shock = Fox DHX 5.0 coil

Sunday Team (complete)
origin = Taiwan
color = sand black
shock = Progressive 5th 3-way coil

-ska todd
Available when?

dhrace

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
anyone have a swinger on a sunday what kind of setup i weigh 160lb. and have a 350 spring with 60pounds of pressure does this sound right thanks

Jan 2, 2005
im 180lb and run a 300 spring, 80psi but on a 5th. there shouldnt be too much of a variation between the 5th and a swinger.

How much sag are you getting??

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
dhrace said:
anyone have a swinger on a sunday what kind of setup i weigh 160lb. and have a 350 spring with 60pounds of pressure does this sound right thanks
That soundss WAY too stiff of a spring, I'm 160 and was running a 275 w/ 60psi w/ the Progressive and 300 w/ 60psi with the Fox. Also make sure that the Singer is tuned for the Sunday, we run a much lighter compression tune than most other bikes, so if you didn't specify that when you got the shock, you might need to send it back to Manitou for the correct tune.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
dante said:
and 300 w/ 60psi with the Fox.
Travis,

Is there a specific tune for the Fox DHX or are you using it with the stock tune? What kind of improvements/ changes did you notice from the 5th? I have been thinking about getting one but I am not sure if it is worth the extra outlay in cash.