Quantcast

Another joke.....(Leno's not mine)

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
ESPN reports Lance Armstrong is considering running for governer of Texas after he retires......

Texas will finally have a governer that knows how to ride a bike.

J

JRB

Actually - our governor wasn't content running the state he signed up to run, and was chicken sh*t enough to quit for something better. Something that I don't think should be allowed in politics.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
loco said:
Actually - our governor wasn't content running the state he signed up to run, and was chicken sh*t enough to quit for something better. Something that I don't think should be allowed in politics.

In all seriousness, that's true. When someone runs for an office and is elected, there is an implied contract with the voters, e.g. "I want to be your governor for the next four years" " You're hired".

J

JRB

That is why I don't like him. Really. He can't seem to fulfill an obligation.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
loco said:
I agree. A politician should have to finish their term (fulfill their contract!) before being able to take on another position. I think it's the least they could do.

J

JRB

firetoole said:
yep that sounds like a good idea, put lance in office because beating the pats off France is the same thing as running texas
uhm - Texas is not hard to run, that has been evident by the last several governors. They all suck, and it hasn't blown up or fallen in the Gulf yet.

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
loco said:
uhm - Texas is not hard to run, that has been evident by the last several governors. They all suck, and it hasn't blown up or fallen in the Gulf yet.
It's even easier to beat the French - unless the competition hinges on bad manners or surrendering...