Quantcast

Another little web edit --Union-Street

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Nice stuff.

I am really close to pulling the trigger on a 24" bike.... the 20" is super fun, and the 26 is too, but I think something in between would be perfection.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Again very nice! I have never been so satisfied with a frame... ever.

Oct 6, 2008
Plainfield, IL
I absolutely love my USB and I can't wait to getmy hands on the Neighborhood Bars and the USB stem. The Slam-ish geometry should make it an easier transition from my 20" to my 24" and vice versa.

I think that is the only thing that could make me love my bike more...well...except for a new fork.

You got me hooked, Jon.

CP

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
CP, I'm glad you like it! Now the "slammish" angles, not so much. You know how I feel on that.

Tiles, geez, having a Thomson is the one thing keeping me from that stem, Thomson stuff is "the Poo"!

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
I'm not so sure I agree with that logic, not that it matters. All the major companies broadcast their angles for the very reason that people learn what they like and then order accordingly. I know the angles I want and narrow my selection down based upon reading which bars have what I'm looking for. With how personal the ways bars feel I think its a vital piece of information to include. More people my consider your bars if those numbers were broadcasted, I personally would not buy bars unless I knew.

As for companies copying you, I think everyone pretty much picks a set of angles and copies it, nothing new out there that hasn't already been done, ya know.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
I think I disclosed enough needed information if you like they way a 8" bmx bar feels you will like they way our bars are shaped.... If you like the way some bars evolved from XC riding feel there are plenty of choices.

Nothing new I disagree with.. There wasn't a legitimate choice for 24" wheels before Tonic and USB, a year ago long low wide bars didn't exist for DH bikes. I am sure you realize aluminum bars are made by just a couple of companies and the "big brands" have their names screenprinted on right?

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
For sure. I was actually thinking more from the BMX perspective, going through Dan's Comp, comparing numbers, some of the rest of you probably know what I'm talking about.

I can totally respect your view of this, and thats fine, just sharing perhaps a different angle.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
I really like how they feel... the usb bars on Vance's molly did feel like the bars on Prisel's BMX... should have the usb bars and stem in a week or so. I will post up some pics and a review.