Quantcast

Another Month HA? HA? HA?

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
JHFC. Ordered a Hollowpoint MTX in March. Was told the beginning of May, Middle of May, not I find out today I'm looking at the end of June and that was from the CEO. They haven't even left Japan yet.

I'm thinking of getting my money back and buying something else. I really like the design of the Hollowpoint.

What do do?
A. Wait another month and be told, the end of July
B. Get my money back and buy something else, if so, what? I like the VP Free, but 8" is too much travel for a schlep like me. Plus I have a Marz 04 Z.1 fork.

I'm not mad at Iron Horse (yeah I am)
Well all I want is a straight answer, that's all.

Knuckle

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Knuckleslammer
JHFC. Ordered a Hollowpoint MTX in March. Was told the beginning of May, Middle of May, not I find out today I'm looking at the end of June and that was from the CEO. They haven't even left Japan yet.

I'm thinking of getting my money back and buying something else. I really like the design of the Hollowpoint.

What do do?
A. Wait another month and be told, the end of July
B. Get my money back and buy something else, if so, what? I like the VP Free, but 8" is too much travel for a schlep like me. Plus I have a Marz 04 Z.1 fork.

I'm not mad at Iron Horse (yeah I am)
Well all I want is a straight answer, that's all.

Knuckle

Yeah, but you're mad at everybody so your rage doesn't mean anything.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Originally posted by MMcG
ugh

What was the appeal of the MTX Knucks?

If that appeal isn't there anymore - move on to something you can pedal now!

Well for 1, IH is an awesome company. I just wish they could get the story straight. If they told me it would definitely be in in August when I originally ordered it, I'd be ok with that, but I'm being teased. I like the MTX as it has the DW link. Unless you've ever ridden one, you can't understand how well the bike rides. The MTX is a beefed up version of the Hollowpoint and it looks absolutely badass. Also, it's different and unique. I was thinking of some other bikes too, like a 5.5, but 2k is too much for a frame as well as the Ellsworth I.D. Too much money.

Knuckle

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Just get an 04 Hollowpoint and you'll have your DW link - you got a big ass Kona for the huckin crap - or your Gack.

Although the 04 Hollowpoint Team frames are still on a boat somewhere too - at least that's what I hear from a shop I contacted.

Want my Balfa? That's a unique frame. I'll give you a good deal! ;) :D

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
I'd just sack up :D and wait for it. A few months ago, anyone would have killed to get that frame, and now you still have the chance to get a limited-run, almost unique, excellently preforming frame. BTW, I remember seeing the parts for your build, and it looked like it was going to be a sick bike. But its your call, follow your heart :rolleyes: .