Quantcast

another new air DH shock

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Bos is showing off their new DH air shock called the Void

not so great translation:
The mark of Toulouse (France) has developed a new air shock for gravity. It's called Void and should weigh around 519 grams (about 356 grams less than the Bos Stoy ) for the model with a distance of 240mm.

Available in three lengths: 222, 240 and 267 mm. The valve for adjusting the preloading of air is positioned in such a way as to be easily accessible on each type of frame. The bushings, supplied from the house, are on roller bearings to avoid damaging the reduction in prefilled eyelets. The Void is entirely in aluminum and overall dimensions are identical to those of the model spring Stoy Rare .

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Would be interesting to see if the stiction is any lower than competing air shocks, because they do a good job of that on the Stoy.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Would be interesting to see if the stiction is any lower than competing air shocks, because they do a good job of that on the Stoy.
im still anxiously awaiting my DB Air and crossing my fingers its not that noticeable. if it feels anything like my RP23 Kashima, then ill be happy

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
my vivid air took me about 3-4 minutes to set up so that it felt better than any shock ive ever riden. so simple. as long as you get the right tune for your bike its pretty hard to get it to feel bad.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Oh noooo! I've already decided to get DBair for 2013 setup... what will I do, now? ;)
Is there any word on release date?

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
"Hydraulic adjustments : Low speed compression, high-speed compression, relaxation"

I think it is cool that there is finally a shock that allows you to adjust the "relaxation". I've often wished that there was a setting on my air shocks for "chill the f*ck out".

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
"Hydraulic adjustments : Low speed compression, high-speed compression, relaxation"

I think it is cool that there is finally a shock that allows you to adjust the "relaxation". I've often wished that there was a setting on my air shocks for "chill the f*ck out".
Needs a Chillax valve.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006

how much adjustment does it have in its range?

wide range: from "PBR" to "Heroin" or pretty tight: "ditch weed" to "johnny walker"

?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
how much adjustment does it have in its range?

wide range: from "PBR" to "Heroin" or pretty tight: "ditch weed" to "johnny walker"

?
LOL...

I just laughed out loud... and now... staring and derision from those around me...

*Rep spread*

EDIT: If Woo is thinking what I'm thinking... well that's pretty scary, but that aside - THAT would be teh awzummzz.

Last edited:

Lelandjt

adorbs
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
I've got a buddy who is thinking of getting a DH air shock, but he's not into suspension tuning and knob-turning. This might be good for him since both the CCDBair and Vivid Air are known to require some effort to setup properly.
He should stay away from air. You have to check the air pressure at least weekly. Also the two rebound adjustments on the Vivid and Cane Creek can confuse. He should get a basic coil shock like the Van R or that newer Rockshox and put a Ti spring on it