Quantcast

Another New Car Thread - but this time with questions

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've known a couple people with the Kia Sorrento and they've had nothing but problems. There's a horrible metal-on-metal grating sound that has eminated from the engine compartment from day one on two of them, that the mechanics can't seem to pinpoint. They've all been in the shop numerous times. The warrenty is great but it's too bad that you have to make such liberal use of it.

I'd avoid the Sorrento, personally...

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
If you are still looking at Fords, I can vouch for the Focus Wagon. With a roof rack, it can easily carry four bikes (or four kayaks if you have those), gear, people and dogs. Gas mileage is good, power is decent (with the Zetec engine) and handling is way better than a grocery getter should be.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
DNA said:
If you are still looking at Fords, I can vouch for the Focus Wagon. With a roof rack, it can easily carry four bikes (or four kayaks if you have those), gear, people and dogs. Gas mileage is good, power is decent (with the Zetec engine) and handling is way better than a grocery getter should be.
Focus wagon or the hatchback one?

I think I'd just stick with the windstar if vs. getting a wagon.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I find the 2005 Toyota Tacoma quite appealing! Taco's durability and off road performace is legendary.

It has all the advantages of a wagon/SUV with a pickup bed! :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
N8 said:
I find the 2005 Toyota Tacoma quite appealing! Taco's durability and off road performace is legendary.

It has all the advantages of a wagon/SUV with a pickup bed! :thumb:

ummm.....you sure that isn't the Tundra? Looks really huge and it would also be light years outside of my budget. :nuts:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Trust me, it's a Taco... They will be priced to be affordable.

On the other hand you can pick up a used Taco double cab for $12-15k in great condition!

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
MMcG said:
Focus wagon or the hatchback one?

I think I'd just stick with the windstar if vs. getting a wagon.
Wagon, but I gaurantee that it drives better than a minivan and it gets much better mileage. There is also a ZX5 that is a size in between the 3-door hatch and the wagon. Plus there is an SVT model which is packing 170 hp, Getrag transmission and tuned suspension for $18000.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
that's the redesigned tacoma, they oversized the front end to make it look bigger.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
It's a SWEET rig that's fo' sho'.. :thumb:

You can mount a roof rack on that baby and haul your bikes on it, load your camping stuff in the bed and still haul 4 people...

:)

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
N8 said:
It's a SWEET rig that's fo' sho'.. :thumb:

You can mount a roof rack on that baby and haul your bikes on it, load your camping stuff in the bed and still haul 4 people...

:)
While singing Ween's "Japanese Cowboy" as you roll towards the sunset...