Quantcast

Another one bites the dust...

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
A friend of mine works with a younger {than us} guy I think he is 20 or so...he bought a used bike from one of they're coworkers and figures he could go with us a couple times to get a little workout...Well being 20 years old and probably 20 lbs lighter than us he figures he will have no problem hanging with us..so he starts talking a lot of crap to my friend....We go to our usual weekday spot and figure we will go for a moderate ride and not try to kill him..in the lot getting ready he is convinced he will be waiting alot and starts talking a little too much..so now instead of a easy day we figure we will go over the mountain all the way to the resevoir....after the first hour and a half he is now convinced he is never going to make it back to his truck...ha...ha...ha....little bastid has never gone again and makes up alot of excuses why he can't......

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
this kind of sounds like me....
I have been in a cast for 3 1/2 months. I have been jogging for the last 3/4 of a month or so because my leg that had the bone graft feels better. I thought I could go on a shop ride no prob this past weekend. To say the least I got rocked. My quads are shot and I can't find the strength in them on the climbs. Needless to say I sucked so I won't be going with them for a little while. I felt terrible for holding them up. But I was very impressed with how the Stumpjumper FSR decended...wow! I did it no justice on the climbs though.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
The best way to crush people like this is to take your old beater out from the early nineties or a 40+ plus FR bike on an epic XC ride.

I've also used the old rigid beater to hit FR lines only to watch people on FR bikes chicken out or walking technical trails, its great (as long as it doesn't break) :thumb:

You can then tell the people on their expensive XC racer weenie bikes that their problem is their bike is too light as you pass them on the uphill with your FR bike :D

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
From the tower towards the other end.. seems like 1.5 or so mile of fast stuff about five little 3' drops...if your hitting 6' drops like in your picture we have to diff. ideas of downhill......this is like a 10 degree...

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
i should head out there the next time i'm back east visiting my folks. i have ridden back there (3 years ago), but it used to just be singletrack. the only place i remember in the vernon/manchester area with any drops and such was the bolton vet.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
We park at the comuter lot near the vet...it is all the same spot...it takes awhile but that single track goes to the res...