Quantcast

Another one bites the dust

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Not sure how much engineering they had in each frame, but just based on building the composite frames, their prices were either way out of whack, or they were paying all of their employees $100k/year or more. "US Manufacturing costs"" simply do not explain frame prices like that.

Dentists are now overpaying for Specialized, they've forgotten about Serotta, drop prices back into the realm of reasonable, and I'd love one of their frames, but at those prices? Nope.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
Not sure how much engineering they had in each frame, but just based on building the composite frames, their prices were either way out of whack, or they were paying all of their employees $100k/year or more. "US Manufacturing costs"" simply do not explain frame prices like that.

Dentists are now overpaying for Specialized, they've forgotten about Serotta, drop prices back into the realm of reasonable, and I'd love one of their frames, but at those prices? Nope.
that's what I thought too. why pay that price for a Meivici when you can get an IF or Parlee that are just if not better for less money. I think they just let time pass them by and they did just the bare minimum to keep up with the times but overcharged based on the name and history of Serotta. and yes, many dentists and lawyers are mourning today, I wonder who will be the new flavor for those posers.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not sure how much engineering they had in each frame, but just based on building the composite frames, their prices were either way out of whack, or they were paying all of their employees $100k/year or more. "
same used to be true w/ cervelo. i'm guessing they've gotten their QC in order in recent years, seeing as how they're still in business.