Quantcast

Another one just about 5 weeks from wrapping up...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Nothing exciting with this build except I bought my SS with part of the $'s :) ).

My client wanted something small (1450_sf heated and pretty plain to stay with in his budget. We will install granite (yes, with squared off corners), some laminate flooring and some brick pavers in the kitchen/dining area.

The trim is stacked in the garage awaiting the trim carpenters to start tomorrow.

Here's an exterior shot:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I have 3 lots to build on in that hood...

Starting one in a couple weeks...

Here's it's floor plan. It's one of my stock plans that I've build before:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
Waste of space is that bathroom, IMO. Hell - it's almost as big as the friggin' bedroom. :nonono:

You have bath envy doncha???

Can't stand the seperate sh!tter with a door on it in there... ??? :p:p:p

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
SkaredShtles said:
Naw - our master bath is too big in our house. Double sinks, big bath, separate room with a pot & a shower.

Could've been something else.
Well then I'll trade you for our rinky dink bathroom, where my knees almost hit the tub when I'm on the ****ter.

Goddamn whiner.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I Are Baboon said:
Well then I'll trade you for our rinky dink bathroom, where my knees almost hit the tub when I'm on the ****ter.

Goddamn whiner.

Nothing like a nice sized master bath suite... with whirlpool tub... Mmmm..

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
I Are Baboon said:
Oh.

I guy I know in VT has two showers in his master bathroom. I thought that was kind of cool.
I would much rather have a bouble head shower in one big unit if you know what I mean...;)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
N8 said:
Nothing like a nice sized master bath suite... with whirlpool tub... Mmmm..
perhaps - but you can overkill it. The master suite (bedroom, closet, bath) in my house is 45x25. That's a waste, IMO.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
narlus said:
clothes closets in the bathroom seems a bit odd to me.
It's very nice if the people have different morning schedules. With that type of setup, you can get showered, shave, and get dressed without ever leaving the bathroom. Thus, no need to turn lights on and such and wake up the sleepyhead.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
jacksonpt said:
It's very nice if the people have different morning schedules. With that type of setup, you can get showered, shave, and get dressed without ever leaving the bathroom. Thus, no need to turn lights on and such and wake up the sleepyhead.

Yep.. that what I do... :)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
SkaredShtles said:
:stupid: I guess it's hard to find the "right" sized bathroom.

Holy $hit I just did the calculation - your master suite is over 1100 sq ft??!? :eek:
yea - it's pretty disgusting.

All in all, after building our house and living in it for ~3 years, the master suite is the only major thing I'd change (I'd make it much smaller). The only other things I'd change are very very minor.

Not bad for a first time builder.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
jacksonpt said:
yea - it's pretty disgusting.

All in all, after building our house and living in it for ~3 years, the master suite is the only major thing I'd change (I'd make it much smaller). The only other things I'd change are very very minor.

Not bad for a first time builder.
How big is the whole thing? 5K sq ft? :D

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
SkaredShtles...don't I owe you for being sooooooo mean to me? :rofl: :rofl:

(thanks to those who continue to support me with pics of other monkies :rofl: :rofl: )

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
SkaredShtles said:
How big is the whole thing? 5K sq ft? :D
Not including the basement (which is in the process of being finished, and roughly 2000 sq ft), the house is in the neighborhood of 3600 - I forget exactly.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Graphics said:
SkaredShtles...don't I owe you for being sooooooo mean to me? :rofl: :rofl:

(thanks to those who continue to support me with pics of other monkies :rofl: :rofl: )

If bikerfox didn't scare me so much, that would be pretty damn funny. As it is, I'm going to have nightmares.