Quantcast

Another potential neighbor confrontation in the works!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Some of you will remember my "issue" with the neighbor over the daughters parked wreck sometime back. While Mr. FBI has pretty much left me alone since the "exchange of opinion", other neighbors have not been so lucky with him but thats a story(ies) for another time.

I bring this back up to tell this story/ask this question. Another wrecked/potentially stolen vehicle has found its way to the front of the house. Been parked since last Tuesday. First gen S10 Blazer, tires with chord showing, body damage and rust, dash ripped out/stereo missing, leaking oil (at least half a qt since it got parked). I exercised some restraint and called the cops this time but:
Due to the recent budget cuts, the Abandoned Vehicle / Parking Enforcement position has been eliminated. The Department will no longer respond to abandoned vehicle complaints unless the vehicle poses a danger
Unlike the last time I have no idea who owns this car, and the owner was not kind enough to leave the keys attached to the steering column. The doors are unlocked. Ideas?
Why am I the only person on the street who gets these fvcking wrecked cars parked in front of my house and how do I stop it?

Yes, I know I'm setting myself to be a mooshoo like pariah.
Start firing assholes!

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
put THICK latex gloves on
buy a 12"x1" galvanized pipe
fit with pipe caps on both ends
open door
place pipe under bench seat such that it can barely be seen if someone peeks in
call cops

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
Buy some dry ice (available at some grocery stores), a bunch of cans of whipped cream or shaving cream.

Put the cans in the dry ice for a while then slice the sides of the containers open.

Do what comes naturally.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Buy some dry ice (available at some grocery stores), a bunch of cans of whipped cream or shaving cream.

Put the cans in the dry ice for a while then slice the sides of the containers open.

Do what comes naturally.
:confused:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I like the painting something offensive to yourself on it. You could be pretty stealthy with it so as not to raise suspicion, then report it. it defies logic to write something offensive to yourself on a car, so that might help.

or just tactical nuke from orbit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Keep complaining about it.

-Call county/town supervisors or mayors to complain.
-Write a letter to the editorial dept of the local newspaper complaining about the sad state of the local government that would allow such a thing.
-Try to get the tax assessment reduced on your house based on abandoned cars being parked in front of your place with no legal means for removing them.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Keep complaining about it.

-Call county/town supervisors or mayors to complain.
-Write a letter to the editorial dept of the local newspaper complaining about the sad state of the local government that would allow such a thing.
-Try to get the tax assessment reduced on your house based on abandoned cars being parked in front of your place with no legal means for removing them.
Lots of work, but this is actually a workable solution, plus it would give me something to do at work.

How dare you.

edit: must spread rep

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Ooo! Got it! Roll it in front of FBI neighbors' house, remove wheels, put on cinder blocks. Let HIM deal with it.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Ooo! Got it! Roll it in front of FBI neighbors' house, remove wheels, put on cinder blocks. Let HIM deal with it.
I can't. The daughter parks her own wreck there.

That pic BTW was taken at 6 in the morning a couple months back. It had sat all night like that. Somewhere I have another picture of it halfway in the lawn.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head

Do what comes naturally.
Doesnt do much... tried it, made the seat sticky...... had far better results using a peice of vacuum tube and jsut pump the cans in the window good ole regular style....... Expands much better when it is not frozen.